DCI's Next Director

On 9/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, lifeisaround said:

So what youre saying is we should have a CEO/ED who runs the business growth of DCI as an entity and a Director of Programs ,  Drum Corps  --  who helps run the drum corps side of what the entire DCI office does ? 

Because I also agree that institutional knowledge is important, but it’s also time to get in there and grow the entity. There's so many things DCI can offer but yet I am not ssure why they don't, so let someone take care of the corps and their director and the CLevel suite of DCI grow the business -- thats in my honest opinion .... 

I get what you are saying but not sure I agree.

Right now the last thing DCI needs is someone coming in and blowing up things that work. Usually I am all for innovation but with two of the most successful corps of all time not financially able to compete, DCI needs a come to Jesus with the powers that be for a solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Ok, OK... Gotta use my Max subscription (I think HBO?) to start my next binge viewing.  I was about to go back & start Game of Thrones season 1. 😆  

Yes, it’s on max. You have to watch Succession.  Only four seasons.  Almost every character is vile and reprehensible. In a fun way.  And then you’ll see what I mean about Rhea Jarrell. She was trick effed in the most epic Roy family way. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes, it’s on max. You have to watch Succession.  Only four seasons.  Almost every character is vile and reprehensible. In a fun way.  And then you’ll see what I mean about Rhea Jarrell. She was trick effed in the most epic Roy family way. 

Sounds like Billions on Showtime.  Gotta finish this last season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

with two of the most successful corps of all time not financially able to compete, DCI needs a come to Jesus with the powers that be for a solution.

Agreed. DCI is one major corps collapse closer to extinction. Heaven forbid BD, Bluecoats, or Crown going dark. That would be the end. Something drastically good needs to come out of this. DCI is officially on life support. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:32 AM, drumcorpsfever said:

Agreed. DCI is one major corps collapse closer to extinction. Heaven forbid BD, Bluecoats, or Crown going dark. That would be the end. Something drastically good needs to come out of this. DCI is officially on life support. 

Boston also seems like a model of how to run drum corps successfully and sustainably in the present day and I see them as core to DCI's stability. Sadly, corps suspending or possibly folding every year in next 5-10 years feels like the rule not the exception in current environment when it has happened to SCV, Cadets and others. So many arts nonprofits are struggling. Any external shock or serious management failure seems likely to put a corps on the brink. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 1