Redux

1 hour ago, jpaul said:

I think it would be more fun to see corps remake a different corps’ show from the past. I bet you’d get some really different interpretations.

SAME. This is an amazing idea. I'd be dying to see Boston's take on Cadets 2017 or Bluecoats do BD2011

I just wish that a corps like the Velvet Knights was still around.  I always thought it would have been a fun show to do a drum corps version of Forbidden Broadway.  Take elements and pieces from last years' shows and spoof them.   There would be sooooo much to spoof from this year!   Ah well, too bad.  

I’ wouldn’t mind seeing the Boston Crusaders doing another controversial ( but very well received my many national Drum Corps ) show like “ Animal Farm “ from 2013 again from them . I would not want it to be the same drill , music and what not , but maybe a different take on the central theme .

I’d be ok if they wanted to take another ballsy dig at DCI with the show ,lbut updated it from 2013 . Lord knows there is still a lot out there for material since 2013 in DCI that could still be relevant , current , edgy , controversial should they want to take on such a risky  possible show theme . My guess , No Corps will . But if a Corps did choose  to take on a show with a risk filled criticism dig of DCI ,( maybe needed , imo )  I can’t think of a better Corps to undertake that risky endeavor anyway, than the Boston  Crusaders .

Edited by Boss Anova

Animal Farm was 2014. But yeah, great show. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 12:50 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Ima gonna go waaay back to 1985. Would love to se a redo of Symphonie Fantastique. That was a killer show.

As I marched this show I would love to see it revisited. And yes, it was a killer show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, jpaul said:

I think it would be more fun to see corps remake a different corps’ show from the past. I bet you’d get some really different interpretations.

We essentially got this (musically) in 2013 with Cadets.  The first half of that show is iconic Vanguard 99/00 material (Barber's Symphony #1 and Adagio for Strings), and the second half of it is, ironically, the controversial show they squeaked out the championship over 20 years prior with Star 93 (Medea's Dance of Vengeance) with a coda return to Adagio at the end.  Not many corps have the stones or the talent to pull something like that off, but Cadets at that time had both.  Even though I wanted Vanguard to get 3rd that night in 2013 something fierce, I couldn't help but have an awesome appreciation of what Cadets had accomplished.  

(Having an all-time great drumline on par with the iconic 93 Star line didn't hurt that effort either)

On 8/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, Orwellian Wiress said:

That's a great piece of music. I've heard quite a few school/college marching bands play it but have yet to see anyone do visuals that actually match Berlioz' story. I'm not saying there has to be an actual guillotine but GE scores would be pretty wild😏

It's not really a Phantom show unless someone dies 😂

• Thanks 1

Three I'd love to see re-visited (not literally, but conceptually):

Phantom Regiment's 1995 Rachmaninoff show - dark & aggressive

Phantom Regiment - Not necessarily 1997's Ring show, but more Wagner

Carolina Crown's Jeckyl & Hyde show