New G7 Video

I've been thinking a lot about alternative readings of shows and this is a really interesting one!

Sorta off topic but here's my pet conspiracy theory: White Whale, SOS and Wicked Games are a trilogy. The marching members in SOS are survivors of the White Whale incident. They later found their own colony, got swept up in religious fanaticism and started witch hunts, leading to Wicked Games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I've been thinking a lot about alternative readings of shows and this is a really interesting one!

Sorta off topic but here's my pet conspiracy theory: White Whale, SOS and Wicked Games are a trilogy. The marching members in SOS are survivors of the White Whale incident. They later found their own colony, got swept up in religious fanaticism and started witch hunts, leading to Wicked Games

And animal farm is both a commentary on G7, George Orwell novel, and a revolution that overthrows the government and turns into wicked games

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I mean purely speculative. But the whole Ahab (Boston) going for the white whale (First place at finals/ taking on BD). That first place trophy being that feat they are trying to reach. They killed the white whale every night until finals where they allowed the white whale to win (BD winning again). 

The BAC designers described the white whale as the elusive DCI title, not necessarily BD.

And I'd guess they changed the ending on finals night just to throw a curve ball, similar to what that design staff did at Crown with the redemption ending on finals night in 2016 (I think just finals night - unsure). I'd bet it had nothing to do with BD winning.

18 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

The BAC designers described the white whale as the elusive DCI title, not necessarily BD.

And I'd guess they changed the ending on finals night just to throw a curve ball, similar to what that design staff did at Crown with the redemption ending on finals night in 2016 (I think just finals night - unsure). I'd bet it had nothing to do with BD winning.

It was’t just finals night … it popped up somewhere in the regionals part of the season. I can’t remember when exactly. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Wouldn't that be a backwards trilogy, with a garden of Eden in the middle?

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I think the redemption ending started in Atlanta or Allentown

22 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Wouldn't that be a backwards trilogy, with a garden of Eden in the middle?

That comes first. I haven't seem all of Boston's modern shows but I wanna try and make a unified timeline. I think no matter what Paradise Lost should probably be first. It would be really cool if it began with that and ended with Wicked Games

On 8/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, kdaddy said:

I didn't say it was their intention, I'm just saying it fits just as much as the white whale being about the title. 

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I didn't say it was their intention, I'm just saying it fits just as much as the white whale being about the title. 

You said "and as if the "white whale" wasn't also a slap in the face to BD (sorry not sorry)" in the OP.  What, then... someone hacked your account?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1