Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

Jumping in to say that saying: "Santa Clara Vanguard Drum & Bugle Corps is taking all necessary steps to return to the Drum Corps International Tour for the 2024 season."

...is not the same as: "We will be returning to the tour in the 2024 season."

They're hedging, so we'll see what actually happens. 

Also: "As we look forward to the future, we do so with a spirit of honesty, transparency..." - girl where? who? I don't know her. 

It would be great to see them actually return, and in better shape. I'm not so convinced at this point though.

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Posted on other thread:

”It has yet to be announced if the time away from tour will impact what the 2024 season will look like, in regard to scheduling and the widely discussed possibility of a reduced and/or regional tour. However, significant oversight is expected to ensure that the Vanguard organization is strong for years to come.”

2 hours ago, Cainan said:

My gut tells me this thread may go nuclear in a record short amount of time.

Better go limber up...

Well you closed mine already… 😆

kidding as if I would have waited an hour or so my question would have been covered here. And SHAZAM ($1 to Gomer Pyle) they got a CEO. 😳

Edited by JimF-LowBari

23 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Posted on other thread:

”It has yet to be announced if the time away from tour will impact what the 2024 season will look like, in regard to scheduling and the widely discussed possibility of a reduced and/or regional tour. However, significant oversight is expected to ensure that the Vanguard organization is strong for years to come.”

This makes more sense. I could see them lean heavily into an exhibition or alumni corps experience, or a regional touring model, but let's be frank it's September and they're just "taking the necessary steps." I think the odds of a full time nationally touring World Class corps is SLIM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The cynic in me thinks that SCV needs to generate some audition revenue so that they can legally pay their bingo workers…..

And those can’t be accepted until clear with the state 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Uh he's a cofounder and COO of a company too while being director of bands at Stanford. He knows how to run a corps. Is that not enough experience for you?

We will see. It’s no secret the board is a mess and technically he serves at their pleasure 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1