Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

I'm more reassured from my friends on staff that have committed to the summer based on the information that been shared with them and the work that's been done behind the scenes.  Can't wait to see them return to the field!

If it doesn't work out, and they completely fold, then a bunch of people on here can celebrate that they were right! 

I'm going to ignore this thread today and just make a donation to hopefully help the cause.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

If it doesn't work out, and they completely fold, then a bunch of people on here can celebrate that they were right! 

(Not dragging myself down with a sarcastic response)

Personally I’m hoping the corps comes back but have a lot of concerns. Main one is SCVs claim of being transparent but keep reading “working on” non-profit legalities with no detail. And if any questions the response is either “not for the general public to know” or “trust us it’s going great”. Great message for potential members and their parents, we’re transparent but lot of this is none of your business.

Have seen (and been a member of) more corps that folded than ones that still exist. Why the hell would I “celebrate”?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Transparency would eliminate a whole lot of negativity 

I doubt this.  Some have a vested interest at this point that they fail.  It's sad.  If and when they disclose they would be well served to NOT engage with these people that have zero interest in there being an SCV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Transparency would eliminate a whole lot of negativity 

Actually I’m wondering what SCV BoD considers transparency. There’s a wide range between opening up the books (disagree with that) and “we’re doing good” and that’s it. Some of the comments and questions here have basically gotten a “don’t deserve an answer” response.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually I’m wondering what SCV BoD considers transparency. There’s a wide range between opening up the books (disagree with that) and “we’re doing good” and that’s it. Some of the comments and questions here have basically gotten a “don’t deserve an answer” response

I don’t think its suspicious that they don’t engage on the Wild West of DCP. Why would they. It is true that Q&A has been lower than people would like in other venues due to time constraints. I don’t have any sort of sanction to be sharing the info that I do. None of the brilliant and large staff have said anything.

10 hours ago, DSpruce said:

Okay. I don’t recall anybody saying they expect blind trust. For me its personal on many layers. 

but you question anyone that doesn't buy what you're being coached to sell.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rmurrey74 said:

I'm more reassured from my friends on staff that have committed to the summer based on the information that been shared with them and the work that's been done behind the scenes.  Can't wait to see them return to the field!

I'm going to ignore this thread today and just make a donation to hopefully help the cause.

i don't want to celebrate being right. i want to celebrate good governance and success on the field

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2