Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

You aren’t saying that people critical of their leadership are out to “get them” or pursuing some sort of personal vendetta, are you?  Because your words, to me, imply that. 

Not at all. I'm not typically targeting people on DCP, as I think my posts illustrate. Certainly didn't intend to here, so apologies if it came across like that.

I mean it more literally: The noncompliance isn't so important to me. But some people might want certain outcomes that are served well by highlighting the noncompliance. I've no idea what those outcomes might be. I don't know enough about the personalities involved, including RL's, to criticize motivations. 

And as a general principle, I think discussion of all the various angles is a good idea. Milton's letting truth and falsehood grapple. That sort of thing. 

Edited by mjoakes
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Pioneer is still running a bingo operation. I’m curious what they’re funding with the proceeds. 
(I actually shook my head a bit in disgust when I typed Pioneer.) 😉

Capital Regiment is still running  a bingo operation seventeen years after shutting down   990 fillings say they are operating a drum corps.   Show two employees Executive Director and is girlfriend and all funds go toward their salaries.

All proceeds from Pioneer bingo go toward Roman;s living expenses.  Now days the smart Executive Directors have retirement plans setup before they are hired. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Capital Regiment is still running  a bingo operation seventeen years after shutting down   990 fillings say they are operating a drum corps.   Show two employees Executive Director and is girlfriend and all funds go toward their salaries.

A quick Internet search tells me that Capital Regiment bingo has shut down.  That said, it appears to have shut down at the end of 2022.  That would be thirteen years since they last fielded a DCI corps (2009).  I have no knowledge of whether they operated any other youth programs since then.

11 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

All proceeds from Pioneer bingo go toward Roman;s living expenses.  Now days the smart Executive Directors have retirement plans setup before they are hired. 

Pioneer still owns land, buildings and other assets in Wisconsin which require some maintenance and upkeep.  A post on their website earlier this year touted new LED lighting being installed on the land/buildings. Given that, it would be reasonable to believe that some of the proceeds from bingo are being used for that purpose.  There's also been chatter about a potential entrance into WGI, but haven't seen any real updates on that front in quite a while.  I know Roman was at DCA talking to people in loose terms about future plans.  Credit to him for persistence, but I think most would be in agreement that there's not a lot of opportunities for that organization with him at the helm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Not at all. I'm not typically targeting people on DCP, as I think my posts illustrate. Certainly didn't intend to here, so apologies if it came across like that.

I mean it more literally: The noncompliance isn't so important to me. But some people might want certain outcomes that are served well by highlighting the noncompliance. I've no idea what those outcomes might be. I don't know enough about the personalities involved, including RL's, to criticize motivations. 

And as a general principle, I think discussion of all the various angles is a good idea. Milton's letting truth and falsehood grapple. That sort of thing. 

Got it. Yeah, if they were financially healthy and fielding both their corps every season, and the only problem was someone forgot to file the paperwork, there wouldn’t be any discussion. But as things are now, it’s definitely one of the many symptoms of the underlying problem - incompetence. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2