Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

LOLwut. Is the tea too hot?

The letter is available, dated Nov 16, at the online charity registration website. The same place this info has always been pulled from. For the umpteenth time, search for Vanguard/VMAPA under organization name and see document listed as "RCT-451A-S Delinquency Notice - 2nd." Plain as day.

Some of us have justifiable reasons to believe the final word of the governing body over the organization.

How long has SCV been working to “get that matter resolved “?
Also that “not so little” issue that the governing body has the final say and not the organization (SCV). 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

How many times has SCV submitted paperwork that has been sent back for various reasons?

That info's available on the charity registry website. It's at least a couple.

How many different BoD members have there been since paperwork was submitted correctly?

That info's also available in their tax filings, but I'm not able to dig through that right now. There's been turnover in many seats, but at least one has been there long past best-practices term limits.

And how long have they been trying to get their audits together? 

Relatively unknown. I used to think they only hopped-to 'cause we went public, but I now believe they've been aware of this problem for at least a year. Still curious how they square that with soliciting and disbursing donations, something that a delinquent NPO in Cali should never have done.

Or perhaps the question is how many long term BoD members are there and do they get involved in this process? IOW possibly clueless but refuse to step away (have seen it elsewhere)

I'll refrain from personal opinion here, as I explained one of my concerns already above.

14 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Make it a Forensic CPA

You mean like the current CFO? 🙃

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That info's available on the charity registry website. It's at least a couple.

That info's also available in their tax filings, but I'm not able to dig through that right now. There's been turnover in many seats, but at least one has been there long past best-practices term limits.

Relatively unknown. I used to think they only hopped-to 'cause we went public, but I now believe they've been aware of this problem for at least a year. Still curious how they square that with soliciting and disbursing donations, something that a delinquent NPO in Cali should never have done.

I'll refrain from personal opinion here, as I explained one of my concerns already above.

You mean like the current CFO? 🙃

Thanks but I was just thinking out loud and didn’t expect an answer. After seeing the Reddit comment got thinking how long and involved this has been. 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks but I was just thinking out loud and didn’t expect an answer. After seeing the Reddit comment got thinking how long and involved this has been. 

Words cannot accurately express how wrong I want to be about all of this. That way I could go to the CO show in 2024 and enjoy the show fully knowing the members are protected and safe from as many possible adverse outcomes as possible.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

LOLwut. Is the tea too hot?

The letter is available, dated Nov 16, at the online charity registration website. The same place this info has always been pulled from. For the umpteenth time, search for Vanguard/VMAPA under organization name and see document listed as "RCT-451A-S Delinquency Notice - 2nd." Plain as day.

Some of us have justifiable reasons to believe the final word of the governing body over the organization.

Dubious?  The guy who uncovered G7 before anyone? Hmmm okay. 

• Like 1