Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

Maybe folks can only identify and/or appreciate those qualities on the field; as though Vanguard had ever demonstrated consistently that they can keep the anger on the field, 100% purged safely through the creative process. Alas, there seems to be a lot of bleedover, historically. Firsthand exp w that.

And agreed anyway, I'd love an angry Vanguard show in 24, discordantaf, so long as it stays on the field. No transference from admin/staff to member or member to member. Bonus points if they can keep staff friendly fire down too. That takes a lot of maturity and patience, given our complex legacy.

Also, a lighter show, say like Music of the Starry Night or Martha, would be a welcome breath of fresh air. So long as they're all kind and professional to each other, these designers, instructional staff and members can do no wrong in my eyes.

Oh, and so long as the colorguard continues to point their feetsies all season long. Can't wait to throw babies.

Because there are young people at this moment who have committed to Vanguard, I'll continue to cheer them on.

I suppose a ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ show is a bit of a long shot 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I suppose a ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ show is a bit of a long shot 

more like Nero playing a fiddle on the roof

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

Personally, I hope they get on the field and don't care if they play "The Muffin Man-meets-Come to Jesus in Whole Notes".

well Paul could fit a lot of notes under that many donuts