Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Discussions on Reddit suggests that percussion turnout has been good, but brass are lacking.   Also, perhaps 30 (SCV) vets total Corps-wide. 

So what is the usual number of returning (aka vets) members for a top corps?

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

… said the person with two posts

I wish them the best. SCV has been the one constant in drum corps since i first saw them in 1972. I want them back on the field kicking butt and taking names. But they have to get their house in order and not close up shop again leaving members hung out to dry.  That was pretty brutal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Can’t take it anymore after a grand total of two posts. This has to be some sort of record. As always, feel free to add your positive thoughts. Everyone will be happy to read them. Otherwise, griping is just griping. You don’t have to read this stuff. And Jeff Ream is eager to post positive things. There just doesn’t seem to be an over abundance of that regarding SCV right now. 🤷‍♀️

No, this place is not positive. And I used to enjoy reading, for YEARS. never posted. Decided to make an account to post because of all of the negativity. 

And go back and read Jeff Ream's  posts. You will see deeply unhappy people that just want to make us all see how miserable they can be. 

• Haha 1

I have no doubt SCV will fill their spots with quality performers, however, it is not surprising that some are holding back before making a commitment. There still seems to be some unknown when it comes the corps' finances. This thread certainly is not helping ease any concerns.

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish them the best. SCV has been the one constant in drum corps since i first saw them in 1972. I want them back on the field kicking butt and taking names. But they have to get their house in order and not close up shop again leaving members hung out to dry.  That was pretty brutal. 

Frankly at this point, beyond likely not being able to get to the field, their behavior proves they don't deserve to make it to the field. If they haven't gotten their house in order in the year they took off, when they ONLY had to focus on doing that and running bingo, they aren't going to do it now. In fact they just doubled down on the same behavior that put them in this position to begin with. 

At this point, I'm fine with shuttering the doors for good. Those people don't deserve to run a drum corps.  

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, olddrummer34 said:

Care to tell us what those rumors are? Some of you are just so eager to tear down these drum corps. It is exhausting. Go start your own forum where you can talk trash all day long. Just leave the negativity off of here. Seriously. It is getting so old to open a thread and see the same 3 people (Jeff Ream, ShherexadeGhost or whatever) being completely insufferable. You have ruined this place

In other words, everyone should keep their mouths shut so the corps are allowed to continue the same dysfunctional and abusive behavior that got them into this mess in the first place?

Pass. If you don't want to read it, feel free to go start your own forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, olddrummer34 said:

And go back and read Jeff Ream's  posts. You will see deeply unhappy people that just want to make us all see how miserable they can be. 

Getting ready for the close of the thread.

And knowing Jeff and his dad for decades, there is a huge difference between being miserable and stating facts no matter how bad they may be. SCV has dug themselves in a huge hole and parts of it are not getting better. I want corps to survive and IMO this is not the way to do it

• Like 2

The latest CEO update indicated that they plan to have the 2022 audit submitted by the end of this year. I think that means the audited financials will be available to the public in January.

As I've always said, even if the finances turn out to be spick and span, I still have safeguarding concerns. Those never went away. And before anyone comes at me with the rest of the safeguarding updates they've already publicized... you have to demonstrate consistently that your environment is safe, not just make rules on paper saying that it is.

• Like 1