Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

36 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

This doesn’t bode well for VMAPA.  If you’ve got all these good people working tirelessly nonstop all day everyday to right the ship for a long while now, then why is the organization down to the wire like this? Granted, I’m no expert on filing audits/financial statements but as a private citizen, if my finances are in question federally or on a state level I respond immediately…if not sooner!

BTW I worked on a federally funded  program for a number of years and I was responsible to balance everything to the penny and I wasn’t given the luxury of 60 days to submit supporting documentation if they had questions about my invoices. California state requirements are a bit more lenient but one would think an organization who is reaping millions of dollars from the residents of California would be held to a higher standard of reporting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

submitted by next week eh. conincedence noted

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

This doesn’t bode well for VMAPA.  If you’ve got all these good people working tirelessly nonstop all day everyday to right the ship for a long while now, then why is the organization down to the wire like this? Granted, I’m no expert on filing audits/financial statements but as a private citizen, if my finances are in question federally or on a state level I respond immediately…if not sooner!

BTW I worked on a federally funded  program for a number of years and I was responsible to balance everything to the penny and I wasn’t given the luxury of 60 days to submit supporting documentation if they had questions about my invoices. California state requirements are a bit more lenient but one would think an organization who is reaping millions of dollars from the residents of California would be held to a higher standard of reporting.

honestly....because of the last minute rush since #### sat for years, and the people doing it actually making sure whats submitted is accurate so they don't get their ### in a sling

Good article. 

It makes no sense to me that an accomplished Stanford professor/director would take the CEO position of an organization that is about to fail. Everything he is quoted as saying is plausible ("bad choices & bad luck" ) and until proven otherwise I believe him. 

7 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Good article. 

It makes no sense to me that an accomplished Stanford professor/director would take the CEO position of an organization that is about to fail. Everything he is quoted as saying is plausible ("bad choices & bad luck" ) and until proven otherwise I believe him. 

Belief in the CEO is one thing, but with his statement that the docs were being submitted within days, and reaffirmed they’d be submitted; has he been mislead since it appears the submissions have not happened?  If that’s true, then the situation is even more disturbing.  What is possibly preventing or inhibiting the doc submissions for compliance? The perception is that the docs can’t be delivered that show compliance.  The future of the SCV org remains in jeopardy. They have had a lot of time to correct it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Belief in the CEO is one thing, but with his statement that the docs were being submitted within days, and reaffirmed they’d be submitted; has he been mislead since it appears the submissions have not happened?  If that’s true, then the situation is even more disturbing.  What is possibly preventing or inhibiting the doc submissions for compliance? The perception is that the docs can’t be delivered that show compliance.  The future of the SCV org remains in jeopardy. They have had a lot of time to correct it.

It seems like the CEO is on a tightrope.  One side of the tightrope is firmly anchored by the creative/design side, which is solid and top-notch.   These guys are confident that the product on the field will be first-rate. The other side of the tightrope is anchored by the admin/business side.   This is shaky at best.  But both sides need to hold for SCV to succeed.  I’m not convinced they will hold. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

honestly....because of the last minute rush since #### sat for years, and the people doing it actually making sure whats submitted is accurate so they don't get their ### in a sling

Unfortunately, it’s the same folks who got their ###es in a sling to begin with.

9 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Good article. 

Several highly credentialed individuals have taken this position in the recent past. It changed nothing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It seems like the CEO is on a tightrope.  One side of the tightrope is firmly anchored by the creative/design side, which is solid and top-notch.   These guys are confident that the product on the field will be first-rate. The other side of the tightrope is anchored by the admin/business side.   This is shaky at best.  But both sides need to hold for SCV to succeed.  I’m not convinced they will hold. 

Speaking of binaries, on one side you have some alum and fans who are completely, solidly convinced that everything will be fine... and on the other, some who are convinced of impending doom. I err towards the latter but not entirely.

RG is, indeed, walking the tightrope you mentioned with respectable skill atm and I give him full credit.

In my heart of hearts, I hope to see "in process" next to their name in the registry asap as it would indicate they've resubmitted the previously rejected paperwork, audit included.

32 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Unfortunately, it’s the same folks who got their ###es in a sling to begin with.

Part of why some of us are so chapped. Tbf, there was a formal apology from the cfo to alumni. Alas, apologies and accountability are not the same. cfo was board president and treasurer before that as we slipped into delinquency and remained there for years.

We told them about the delinquency in April of last year. 🤯 No corrective submissions were sent in to the DOJ until September, all while they weren't fielding a corps. Sometimes the hard work of kindhearted people isn't enough, according to the DOJ.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

agreed. and even if the new guy wants to make changes there, it'll take time. first you need quality replacements and second you need to work within the organizations bylaws on how to get people out. i'm sure they have good intentions, but we all know thats how the road to hell is often paved

• Thanks 1