The Thing

37 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Brand promotion = The Guardsmen made me want to run out for some "finger lickin' good" fried chicken. :colgate:🐔 

https://www.oddballfilms.com/clip/13160_13368_kentucky_fried_chicken

I...remember that commercial.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

They became Pioneer. Saw them in either 1974 or 1975 at the NT Open. I remembered they played "Hummingbird (Seals and Croft).

Wearing superfine green velour jackets and big old floppy hats. It was definitely a look that screamed "mid 70s".

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I...remember that commercial.

Alas so do I....lol. That commercial is still better than the entire 8 episodes of Clash of the Corps. The only reason the euph (I think it was a euph...) player got to snag the kids chicken is because they didn't have quads back then. The quads always get in the most trouble..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Wearing superfine green velour jackets and big old floppy hats. It was definitely a look that screamed "mid 70s".

That's beautiful...what is that velvet?

0d1d3f599e2a0a100f682e77f06c46d2.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Alas so do I....lol. That commercial is still better than the entire 8 episodes of Clash of the Corps. The only reason the euph (I think it was a euph...) player got to snag the kids chicken is because they didn't have quads back then. The quads always get in the most trouble..

There's a significant crossover between low brass and quads players in that way.

• Haha 3

On 10/2/2023 at 2:04 PM, Sutasaurus said:

St. Patrick Imperials from Milwaukee (black, white and emerald green unis)  merged with the Cedarburg Thunderbolts (red white, and blue unis) needless to say, they were quite an interesting color combination. They were a blast to watch though.

IIRC, Pioneer rose out of that merger. 

Why did I think you marched there?