DCI and SOA being sued?

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Plaintiff’s lawyer specializes in civil rights & personal injury 

Nm…

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Got in and looked at the details.

Won’t say reason why… but this does appear to be what hit SoA a few years back. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Perhaps, but has specifically said the link is all the detail they prefer to share at this time. I suppose we can speculate, but asking directly wouldn't be prudent. They've disclosed so much already.

In my opinion, it would probably behoove all named parties to 'maintain radio silence'. 👀 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

In my opinion, it would probably behoove both parties to 'maintain radio silence'. 👀 

Indeed, likely why they have only referred to publicly available information and said nothing else. I think this person knows what's up, as their post history demonstrates such.

This is practically the standard with reporters-in-the-know. And why the reports disclosed to me remain under lock and key, save for anonymized and tallied summaries that I've gotten consent to share in that form. Otherwise the "allegations" get ravaged and torn apart by knuckleheads who demand more proof and evidence that may or may not exist. It's not worth having your rep, story, and name dragged through the mud in most cases, especially when that's lobbed on top of what you've already endured. Not to mention the threats and retaliation (or legitimate fear of them) rampant in this community. All of these responses add to increased mental distress of young people who should be celebrating healthy, excellent seasons with the corps they should be able to love unabashedly like so many of their peers.

That a young person, recently marching age, has to be the one to take such an action is both humiliating for the community and incredibly necessary to push for positive, sustainable change. That combination is shameful for us all, except this party, who I hope, can begin to find some semblance of closure. I couldn't have done it, thus why I'm still here decades later badgering everyone to do better NOW.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Got in and looked at the details.

Won’t say reason why… but this does appear to be what hit SoA a few years back. 

yes, the incident in 2021 that caused them to be suspended by DCI and subsequently took 2022 off to re-organize. This is an initial filing and no docs have been uploaded. They need to be served to the defendant parties before they are uploaded for public view, depending on the procedures of the Gwinnett County Courts. In time we will all have the details of the suit to read

• Like 1

This is the definitive (and only) Reddit thread that the mods are allowing on the subject: 

32 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

yes, the incident in 2021 that caused them to be suspended by DCI and subsequently took 2022 off to re-organize. This is an initial filing and no docs have been uploaded. They need to be served to the defendant parties before they are uploaded for public view, depending on the procedures of the Gwinnett County Courts. In time we will all have the details of the suit to read

Typical service deadlines are 30 days in most jurisdictions, so I expect that'll be the timetable we see it in.

• Like 1