Cadets Suspend for 2024

On 10/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, Jeff Ream said:

which still leads to considerable travel in some cases. 

Not if people directly report to training camp where the corps houses themselves like the Troopers do.

On 10/19/2023 at 11:30 AM, TenHut said:

No one is moving to Cali. 

False. Let me just stop the California bashing before it even gets started. Stahp!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I am devastated to hear this news.   As a long time Cadets supporter, I do appreciate the fact that they are taking the responsible, albeit difficult, decision to suspend for a year.   I think that is a good sign for an organization that wants to achieve long-term fiscal sustainability.   

Remember, the Troopers took years off in the past and look where they are now.   

This is not the end for the Cadets!  

thank God there's no legal actions or government compliance issues that we know of!

• Like 5

On 10/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, ContraFart said:

Sometimes you need to tell the vocal minority to shut up. Their #####ing brings nothing to the table. The activity was going to evolve with or without them. 

In the past 12 hours I think I have seen at least 4 dozen comments on social media on how props and electronics are the reason why corps fold and that is just brain dead wrong. If you want to have a serious conversation about the activity, at least understand the issue.

No, not entirely, but the quest for ever more crap to compete is not driving costs down.  Scaling back is nothing new other than common sense is a superpower anymore.  There is NO reason that corps should be required to have another semi truck of stuff to be viable to win or compete.  People keep quoting that SOA paper but it doesn't say what you think is says.  Props=fuel+truck+driver+time.  People that can use a few brain cells can see this.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, TenHut said:

No one is moving to Cali. 

Well. not no one, but far less than leaving.

24 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Well. not no one, but far less than leaving.

I left California, but people are moving there unlike what someone says, and I'd move back for the right job that pays a high dollar amount. I'm just extremely tired of all the nut jobs trying to pick on California due to obvious political reasons...

Costs are high everywhere; fuel is even more of an issue there, but the whole tour isn't there...

As far as the Cadets taking a year off, I have no idea how this relates to that topic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I left California, but people are moving there unlike what someone says, and I'd move back for the right job that pays a high dollar amount. I'm just extremely tired of all the nut jobs trying to pick on California due to obvious political reasons...

Costs are high everywhere; fuel is even more of an issue there, but the whole tour isn't there...

As far as the Cadets taking a year off, I have no idea how this relates to that topic.

I hear California is a great place to get rings

30 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

REALLY!!! I lived in Cali for 7 years and even though it was expensive at the time, I loved it. I would move back in a heartbeat if my job sent me there. 5th largest economy in the world and people talk #### about it as if it's a developing country. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Not if people directly report to training camp where the corps houses themselves like the Troopers do.

not always feasible.

and again the post you quoted was referring to the regional model. quick....how far is the closest corps to Troop? Seattle? Spirit? Crossmen? Should Crossmen wait til Texas or OK shows to be regional? Seattle..well.....uh....? Troop? Wyoming host shows anymore? Hell for Surf, outside of maybe an Open Class show or two early, there's no WC shows in NJ til close to Allentown.

Edited by Jeff Ream

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I hear California is a great place to get rings

counting Open class and d2/d3, what close to 40?

• Like 1