Cadets GoFundMe

15 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

if we just throw our hands up 

Who is "we"?

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I think the goal is help them however we can. I personally think that without an influx of 200k plus, they can’t come back this year. But if we just throw our hands up and give nothing because they’re taking a year off, they won’t be able to come back. 

i never said not give. i just asked what the goal was.

One should hold off on donating to The Cadets until they come clean on what actually happened and that they have a plan going forward.  1)  Who is going to be the face of the organization before DCI and  other stakeholders.  During the past five years The Cadets next person up scenario has burned though a lot of good will within the drum corps activity.   All of the previous leaders  lived and died for the organization.  Is now the time for a change? The Cadets have a large creditability issue to overcome.  2) How many paid employees are The Cadets going to have and where will they be based? 3) How do they repair a donor base that has been asked to save the organization several times.

A 2024 return is off the table.  The Cadets are refunding all audition fees and dues already paid for 2024.  2024 schedule will be out  within a month and The Cadets will not be listed for any shows.  With The Cadets having little income coming in how is the organization going to survive?   $200,000 will not get the job done. The Cadets will need $2,000,000 to return in 2025.    Is it time to send the trophies to Drum Corps  Museum? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcifanforlife said:

One should hold off on donating to The Cadets until they come clean on what actually happened and that they have a plan going forward.  1)  Who is going to be the face of the organization before DCI and  other stakeholders.  During the past five years The Cadets next person up scenario has burned though a lot of good will within the drum corps activity.   All of the previous leaders  lived and died for the organization.  Is now the time for a change? The Cadets have a large creditability issue to overcome.  2) How many paid employees are The Cadets going to have and where will they be based? 3) How do they repair a donor base that has been asked to save the organization several times.

A 2024 return is off the table.  The Cadets are refunding all audition fees and dues already paid for 2024.  2024 schedule will be out  within a month and The Cadets will not be listed for any shows.  With The Cadets having little income coming in how is the organization going to survive?   $200,000 will not get the job done. The Cadets will need $2,000,000 to return in 2025.    Is it time to send the trophies to Drum Corps  Museum? 

FFS.  Ok, how many dues were paid before a first camp?  Really?  If you want to donate...donate.  Give them more than a week to answer or fix the issues.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gantang said:

I wish Cadets ZERO ill will, but maybe they don't have the financial backing to operate a DCI corps. What happens the next time they're short on money if the GFM bandaid has been removed from the medicine cabinet? 

Corps need a consistent revenue stream that will allow them to meet their needs and it appears that there is no such stream here. Has anyone done a deep dive into the reality of them having operating revenue sources?

Unfortunately, given how expensive things are, this has happened and is bound to happen to other corps, so careful with the sanctimony. I presume a lot of corps are looking at their finances right about now. 

14 hours ago, ScottPREuph said:

Throwing money at them isn't going to fix years of awful institutional financial management.  Who even knows where your money would be going at this point?

Then what do you suggest? It's always easy to sit behind a computer and criticize something that you were more than likely not in the room to observe. Instead of pontificating about what's nothing more than conjecture, perhaps put your money where your mouth is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcifanforlife said:

Wow. This is a prime example of why it's always best to avoid this site when things like this happen. I felt bad for SCV for all the crap they were getting last year, and here we go again with people trashing an organization because they THINK something nefarious was going on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Wow. This is a prime example of why it's always best to avoid this site when things like this happen. I felt bad for SCV for all the crap they were getting last year, and here we go again with people trashing an organization because they THINK something nefarious was going on. 

i'm far more willing to give Cadets the benefit of the doubt and a few bucks. while not giving all of the details, they have been far more transparent than SCV and that we know of they have no legal issues that need resolved with any government entities. 

doesn't mean i won't ask questions if i am going to give money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

GoFundMe? Really? When the corps has its own donation mechanism?

I agree. GoFundMe is meant to raise money for emergency situations like funeral expenses from a sudden death or medical bills ect. Not as a form of fundraising. That you can donate directly to the corp. Lots of scams using GoFundMe so I would never do this for drumcorp.

• Like 4