What is wrong with US?

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Yeah, the drum corps activity isn't thriving. It's surviving. It's a victim of the times and itself.

I think there's evidence out there that some of the pains are self-inflicted. Hear it often in my own corps' case, from alum no less. Alum that never marched together... across the decades.

Edited by scheherazadesghost

5 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Only thing wrong with "us" are the gloomy Gus seniors who populate DCP. Drum corps is thriving, and 2024 will see the finest DCI finals ever. Estimated attendance: 24,000. Hopefully minus 50% of the regular contributors to this antiquated forum.  

You are seriously calling others "old" and "antiquated" under the account name "Phantom56"?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Talk about farting and leaving the room...

yes but it didn't clear the room.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes but it didn't clear the room.

...and if THAT doesn't tell you something about DCPers...😎

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gak27 said:

...and if THAT doesn't tell you something about DCPers...😎

with the right ingredients, i am sure several of us could clear a room.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Championships and regionals attract a lot of fans.  But there are a lot less shows during the season.  I can think of a lot of shows that we used to attend that are no longer held.  

yes. and fewer local kids to draw in. gone are the days of 5-7 DCA shows within a 2 hour drive and 4-5 DCI shows within a 2 hour drive. now older with a family, hopping in the car to Annapolois on a Tuesday or Surfs show on a Wednesday isn't doable. it's Allentown for the weekend. And no offense to Flo, thats not going to hook a kid in the way a live show is, or being able to see warmups or corps rehearsing nearby on show day. I remember 10 years ago now Phantom rehearsaing here in town on their way to a show 45 minutes south. Stands were packed....and in fact most weren't driving the 45 minutes later to see them and everyone else. later that summer Spirit did a stop on the way to Allentown in a neighboring town, and the stands were packed. Same the times SCV camped out here for a day or 2. when the Hershey show ran, you'd see a lot of fans everywhere corps rehearsed.

• Like 5