Where is the love?

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s difficult without an off-season source of income. 

losing USBands hurt a lot. on the other hand many people have said USBands is now run far better

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, 2000Cadet said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It does not matter what statement they put out, what questions they answer. People will still form their own assumptions as to why it happened. 

or if you ask questions, they'll want to know where your info came from and dry up if you won't name names.

• Thanks 3

On 11/6/2023 at 11:28 AM, Chris RL FHNSAB said:

Boards have a fiduciary responsibility to the organizations they are elected to lead.  There are a multitude of internal and external restrictions on what and how information is shared generally to the public, as well as confidentiality we are bound to.  Both of your bullets above are incorrect. Not for profit BOD's generally have (including Cadets) massive experience on both for-profit and not for profit boards, and I would ask you to look at BOD's out of our little (and shrinking) niche activity and their depth of detailed (or lack their to) communication to the public, and when.  Please support whatever corp you can, today. Volunteer, donate, anything but following/starting gossip on a website.  If DCI is to survive, we need everyone to be productive, literally like today...or you will end up with no activity to be posting about. 

I am speaking as a fan/volunteer/teacher/past marching member and not as my current role as BOD member of Cadets.  We speak as one voice through our public statements and all of my comments above are in generality and not directly related to Cadets and my 33 years of involvement . 

Not once have I chose this forum to speak negatively of massive volunteer army's who give unselfishly of days, years, and decades to their org of their choice.  And yes, not only do boards volunteer they are generally the largest financial donor pool as well....so consider that as you question BOD's motivation across the activity.  Every BOD I guarantee wants their organization to thrive, or why would they do what we all do?  

i do want to let you know, coming here  was bold. and i do appreciate that you encouraged folks to reach out and you'd answer if you could.

so i've debated for close to a day now about what i am about to type. on the various threads here and in a zillion and one private communications flying around activity wide, 3 things kept coming up, so i decided to ask you about them, understanding maybe you couldn't confirm or deny. those things were:

rumors the food truck was sold to Music City

The electronics were sold to Troopers

the leased horns were returned to Crown ( who rumor had it sold them, but that wouldn't affect the Cadets).

And again, i knew maybe you could or couldn't confirm or deny.

and you responded. by demanding i tell you who told me this or you wouldn't communicate with you anymore. And i refused to give you names. Why? first off, the number of names was more than I wanted to type. Second, it's none of your business. 13 years after i leaked the G7 document here....which was sent to me from the room as it was being presented....I've still never divulged who it was, nor will I. i know who was blamed, and it wasn't any of those folks. it would truly cause some sphincters to tighten if it got out.

but this "approach" at transparency by demanding names? I'm sorry thats bush league. i'm not subjecting friends, acquaintances and others to whatever #### you'd spew their way if i named them. and honestly, if i had named them, the blowback you'd get after blasting them would probably hurt you more than this post will.

I have the email. i'm not posting it. but to paraphrase "i'm done communicating with you if you don't give me specific names". your words.

not very transparent. kinda Godfatherish

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i do want to let you know, coming here  was bold. and i do appreciate that you encouraged folks to reach out and you'd answer if you could.

so i've debated for close to a day now about what i am about to type. on the various threads here and in a zillion and one private communications flying around activity wide, 3 things kept coming up, so i decided to ask you about them, understanding maybe you couldn't confirm or deny. those things were:

rumors the food truck was sold to Music City

The electronics were sold to Troopers

the leased horns were returned to Crown ( who rumor had it sold them, but that wouldn't affect the Cadets).

And again, i knew maybe you could or couldn't confirm or deny.

and you responded. by demanding i tell you who told me this or you wouldn't communicate with you anymore. And i refused to give you names. Why? first off, the number of names was more than I wanted to type. Second, it's none of your business. 13 years after i leaked the G7 document here....which was sent to me from the room as it was being presented....I've still never divulged who it was, nor will I. i know who was blamed, and it wasn't any of those folks. it would truly cause some sphincters to tighten if it got out.

but this "approach" at transparency by demanding names? I'm sorry thats bush league. i'm not subjecting friends, acquaintances and others to whatever #### you'd spew their way if i named them. and honestly, if i had named them, the blowback you'd get after blasting them would probably hurt you more than this post will.

I have the email. i'm not posting it. but to paraphrase "i'm done communicating with you if you don't give me specific names". your words.

Thank you for that, Jeff. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Thank you for that, Jeff. 

and the thing is....if the rumors were false, i'd say so publicly and spread the word it was false. Sad to say communicating with Hopkins wasn't like this

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some talk too much, others not enough.  

And some want to quash the whole conversation and pretend there is "nothing to see here."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well, you know, to quote a well known drum corps personality, "snitches get stitches"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And some want to quash the whole conversation and pretend there is "nothing to see here."

And some are more than happy to see some organizations fall as they are more than willing to gloat.