Where is the love?

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

And some are more than happy to see some organizations fall as they are more than willing to gloat. 

If you think for one moment I am gloating about this, you are sadly mistaken. I was gutted when all this came out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

If you think for one moment I am gloating about this, you are sadly mistaken. I was gutted when all this came out. 

That I responded to and quoted your comment doesn't mean I was talking about you. I'm pointing out things just as you are. 

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

That I responded to and quoted your comment doesn't mean I was talking about you. I'm pointing out things just as you are. 

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well then let’s just assume you’re talking about me. Conflating wanting real answers with rooting for the corps to fail is crap. I asked short, concise clear questions and I got defensiveness and attacks in reply. Let’s refresh. I asked two simple questions. What is the cause of not being able to field a corps in 2024, and what actions have you taken or are you planning to take to prevent reoccurrence.  Maybe someday someone will want to actually engage in discussing this. Maybe not. This was all before the lawsuit blew out into the open and cast this on a different light. You call that rooting for Cadets to fail?  I call it wanting Cadets BOD it internalize that they failed. Yes. They failed. And then, fix it. Attitude and acting like a pouty child from the BOD (notice I said BOD, not you) addresses nothing. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well then let’s just assume you’re talking about me. Conflating wanting real answers with rooting for the corps to fail is crap. I asked short, concise clear questions and I got defensiveness and attacks in reply. Let’s refresh. I asked two simple questions. What is the cause of not being able to field a corps in 2024, and what actions have you taken or are you planning to take to prevent reoccurrence.  Maybe someday someone will want to actually engage in discussing this. Maybe not. This was all before the lawsuit blew out into the open and cast this on a different light. You call that rooting for Cadets to fail?  I call it wanting Cadets BOD it internalize that they failed. Yes. They failed. And then, fix it. Attitude and acting like a pouty child from the BOD (notice I said BOD, not you) addresses nothing. 

...and notice, your name was not mentioned in my comment, so this is all irrelevant to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

And some are more than happy to see some organizations fall as they are more than willing to gloat. 

but here's the thing......i'm loud. i'm as loved as hated for getting accurate info out. if the rumors were false, i'd have used my very loud voice to say so to end the speculation. i didn't reach out for a gotcha. i reached out because if false...well hell maybe i could help the corps in my own way.

but nope. i mean lord knows i was vocal in 2018, but i made it crystal clear i wanted the corps to survive and thrive. no one cheered harder than me at Allentown when they hit the Zpull...my God, the corps overcame all the ######## and became the mother ####### Cadets again! i felt like i witnessed an exorcism and i had such high hopes the corps that truly sucked me in in 1983 was back!

and now they're inactive, maybe dead, maybe having a fire sale, fighting a huge lawsuit in a town multiple zip codes away from their roots....and having people that speak for the corps demanding names or else.

I don't want them to fail. but after that i really have zero desire to do a ####### thing to help. you may try to make everything black and white, but the world ain't that simple. i'm really hoping i can avoid having to use the phrase " you used to have a really nice corps".

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

but here's the thing......i'm loud. i'm as loved as hated for getting accurate info out. if the rumors were false, i'd have used my very loud voice to say so to end the speculation. i didn't reach out for a gotcha. i reached out because if false...well hell maybe i could help the corps in my own way.

but nope. i mean lord knows i was vocal in 2018, but i made it crystal clear i wanted the corps to survive and thrive. no one cheered harder than me at Allentown when they hit the Zpull...my God, the corps overcame all the ######## and became the mother ####### Cadets again! i felt like i witnessed an exorcism and i had such high hopes the corps that truly sucked me in in 1983 was back!

and now they're inactive, maybe dead, maybe having a fire sale, fighting a huge lawsuit in a town multiple zip codes away from their roots....and having people that speak for the corps demanding names or else.

I don't want them to fail. but after that i really have zero desire to a ####### thing to help. you may try to make everything black and white, but the world ain't that simple. i'm really hoping i can avoid having to use the phrase " you used to have a really nice corps".

I’m just not going to donate money for attorney’s fees. That’s throwing good money after bad. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I don't want them to fail. but after that i really have zero desire to do a ####### thing to help. you may try to make everything black and white, but the world ain't that simple. i'm really hoping i can avoid having to use the phrase " you used to have a really nice corps".

Then don't donate. I don't need an education from you as to how the world works as I have been in and around it long enough to know how it works.

I have no skin in the game. You don't get points from me for being loud, vocal, or whatever, and I am not here calling you or anyone else specifically out for anything. I simply pointed out what I'VE noticed. If you disagree with it, I really do not care. 

But I do find it funny that you've chosen to air out a conversation you've had with a specific person, point out that they've asked you for names of people who've said what they've said (which, by the way, I agree that you shouldn't have to disclose any names or information like that), but then also demand transparency as to why certain events have taken place. 

You can do what you want; you don't answer to me. I simply stated my opinion just as everyone else has. If the shoe fits, wear it. If you guys get off on calling out certain people, airing out conversations, then do what you do. That's not my business. Just know that as there are people here who agree with you, others do not. 

55 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Then don't donate. I don't need an education from you as to how the world works as I have been in and around it long enough to know how it works.

I have no skin in the game. You don't get points from me for being loud, vocal, or whatever, and I am not here calling you or anyone else specifically out for anything. I simply pointed out what I'VE noticed. If you disagree with it, I really do not care. 

But I do find it funny that you've chosen to air out a conversation you've had with a specific person, point out that they've asked you for names of people who've said what they've said (which, by the way, I agree that you shouldn't have to disclose any names or information like that), but then also demand transparency as to why certain events have taken place. 

You can do what you want; you don't answer to me. I simply stated my opinion just as everyone else has. If the shoe fits, wear it. If you guys get off on calling out certain people, airing out conversations, then do what you do. That's not my business. Just know that as there are people here who agree with you, others do not. 

all he had to was say "not answering". i'd have been cool with that. and yes i fi am going to give money, i want to know what is going on. while i have no choice in paying taxes for a dysfunctional government at every level in this country ( and i say that bashing both sides), i'm not donating to politicians who i feel are worthless. i'm not donating to charities that waste money. and i'm not giving to drum corps that can't be open about why they're failing and need help. Hence why in the last 2 years now SCV and Cadets aren't getting anything from me. so maybe you give money regardless of why ##### falling apart...i don't.

and i don't get off on calling people out. i actually like to praise people for a job well done. but i have a low tolerance for ########, and yeah i'll speak up about it. and if that is indicative of how representatives of the Cadets are going to be in a time when frankly their very survival is a big concern.....well, people need to know.

• Like 2

"Where is the love?"

Let's be real- it feels like there is very little to love about drum corps these days.

• Like 3