2023 Audio Performance Downloads - Will they be produced?

Crown's synth mix is a borderline felony.  I don't recall it being nearly that bad during the Flo broadcasts throughout the season.  I felt like it was 2009 again.  

12 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Listening through the lovely lossless format now.  

I will say this, I've not gone back much to the Cavies show on my late seasons rips from Allentown captures.  But that show sparkles musically

The texturing and dynamic control from the entire percussion section was the game changer in that caption.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyt said:

Crown's synth mix is a borderline felony.  I don't recall it being nearly that bad during the Flo broadcasts throughout the season.  I felt like it was 2009 again.  

The mix matches what I remember from the Finals broadcast, which makes me think the corps mixed it in such a way that neither Flo nor DCI audio engineers could do much about it.

12 hours ago, chaddyt said:

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

The mix matches what I remember from the Finals broadcast, which makes me think the corps mixed it in such a way that neither Flo nor DCI audio engineers could do much about it.

Maybe it's more like don't mess with Gods brass line.  

when are they hitting Itunes?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TOC said:

Maybe it's more like don't mess with Gods brass line.  

It wasn't just Crown. Mandarins and Colts also had some weird audio mixing issues which I've heard on both the Flo video and DCI audio recordings.

On 2/8/2024 at 5:32 PM, Lance said:

How's Phantom's mix?  I'm about to buy a few and much as I loved their show, if it's a super "synth forward" mix like some of the flo broadcasts, I dunno.  

I like the mix on Phantom’s recording. The only ones I have issues with are the three I mentioned before (Crown, Mandarins. Colts). 

• Like 1