Dance Company vs Color Guard

Hey they can do whatever they want, call it whatever they want.  I obviously keep going as I have been for 55 years.  I’ve already purchased tickets for the shows in Ohio and I’ll probably go to a few shows in Illinois. Plus Indy.  I’m just making a few observations.  No one gives a #### what I think about this stuff. I’m just the idiot who keeps going to the stuff.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

In this specific case the OP mentioned, they were going to terminate the usage of implements. With the possible exception of swing flags.

TrkD8ji.png

The good news is that an agreement was made during a heated community meeting last night to retain color guard and add a dance group. 

oBlGeuq.png

Wow, thanks for the info & clarification. That's interesting for a Texas program. We have majorettes, dance line, & color guard, otherwise know as the auxiliaries. (I can never remember if auxiliary is one "L" or two "Ls".)       

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hey they can do whatever they want, call it whatever they want.  I obviously keep going as I have been for 55 years.  I’ve already purchased tickets for the shows in Ohio and I’ll probably go to a few shows in Illinois. Plus Indy.  I’m just making a few observations.  No one gives a #### what I think about this stuff. I’m just the idiot who keeps going to the stuff.  

Mega Monday December 4th!

https://dci.org/news/mega-monday-tickets-to-20-dci2024-events-on-sale-dec-4?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email 

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No one gives a #### what I think about this stuff. 

I do! 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yeah that’s the day.  I thought it already happened.  Mr credit card takes care of all of that for me. I haven’t sprung the Illinois shows on him yet. He claims he never reads DCP.  This will test the theory.  

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You shouldn’t. I’m an idiot.  I have the screenshot.  😂 

Ms. Terri for President in 2024!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

The director should have left well enough alone and just done a slow fade into majority dance over a couple of years.  My band has all three auxiliary groups - guard, dance, and majorettes - and it's a pain to design around.  You also get petty squabbles between auxiliary groups, entitlement/chips on the shoulder if one does better, etc.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Geez, now @Lance will need to change his sig line from I've seen the future of DCI and it is WGI to I've seen the future of DCI and it's a bunch of dancing flowers and maybe a couple of woodwinds. 

dancing flowers

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, lowend said:

The director should have left well enough alone and just done a slow fade into majority dance over a couple of years.  My band has all three auxiliary groups - guard, dance, and majorettes - and it's a pain to design around.  You also get petty squabbles between auxiliary groups, entitlement/chips on the shoulder if one does better, etc.

That’s what it must be like for these huge university marching bands. The Marching Illini only have/had one baton twirler but a flag line and the dance team.  Plus, 350 musicians. Sounds like your basic nightmare to me and they do different shows every home game.  

• Like 2