Jacob Collier…

What if a corps did an entire show of All Night Long, fully arranged by Jacob. It would have to be probably one of the big four corps, because it would take all that insane talent to pull off. But wow../

• Like 3

That was actually kind of cool. It's a fun tune and one even I recognize. 

• Thanks 1

I watched an interview with Jacob and he said All Night Long was made up of around 500 tracks edited together. He won a Grammy for Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals for his effort.  

• Like 1

Yep he is a true savant who also innately loves arranging. He said he maxed out the number of layers in Logic, and when Logic heard about it they upped the max to 1,000!

I bet he would see arranging for a drum corps as a life milestone. If he ever heard Babylon I bet he would beg for the opportunity. And how cool would that be for DCI?

Jacob is playing Nashville in June at the Opry House, I am going to pay for the best tix in the house. His shows are on or a kind. He will probably have Take 6 show up, and other artists whom he has worked with here in Music City.

I believe Moon River for Blue Devils was based on his now epic arrangement of the song, which is one of the things that put him on the world stage.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

I got it. Crown. They're into the fun and light stuff. They should do the Collier arrangement  They could get all of LOS up and dancing. I know I would.

Strip Tease Chris Farley Dancing GIF | GIFDB.com

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I got it. Crown. They're into the fun and light stuff. They should do the Collier arrangement  They could get all of LOS up and dancing. I know I would.

Strip Tease Chris Farley Dancing GIF | GIFDB.com

I can’t unsee this….

• Haha 4

I love pretty much all kinds of music. This is fun stuff! Gotta love his take on contemporary music. Could I take a steady diet of it? Naw… but I have to acknowledge his brilliance. Bravo Jacob.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Back in the covid days, Jacob did a remote "master class" with Bloo 🙂 

Wow really? A full one song Jacob Collier arrangement would be so Bloo!

• Like 1