Madison Scouts 2024 repertoire: “Unholy”

54 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

As someone who played it for a whole year and loved playing it, Madison should not do this again for the next 30-50 years.

Oh. c'mon.  They should at least learn it to play for fun! 🙂

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Vuitton said:

While, as an alumni, I applaud and support gender inclusion, I don't believe for one second they did it to be inclusive. They did it because they needed to be able to tap into more of the talent pool. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's be real about it. It was just another deserpate and failed attempt by a desperate and failed adminstration to improve on placement. But, while the move perhaps expanded the talent pool for them, nothing has improved from a design perspective. Ok - perhaps musically. But the overall designs have given the corps no hope of making finals from the moment they were written down.

I support the membership. I do not support the adminstration. When do you draw the line? When has there been any placement improvement, a substaintial one? Never. Mason left them in good standing when he left and that showed in the 2015 show. Since then, there have been no substantial improvements in placement, there hasn't been one good design, and there has been constant deseparte shifting to try and make something stick, and nothing has sticked. 

Frankly, they have also failed at being entertaining. While I don't want them to rehash old Madison tunes or shows (they don't have to) they can still be entertaining, and they aren't really. Not compared to how Madison used to be. One of the fan favorites year in and year out, for decades. That's gone now. It's all gone now. It's so disappointing.

Haven't beaten Blue Devils at finals since 1988.

Haven't beaten Blue Devils at all since 1991.

Haven't beaten Cadets at finals since 1988.

Haven't beaten Cadets at all since 1995.

Haven't beaten Vanguard, Crown, Regiment or Bluecoats since 2005.

Haven't beaten Regiment at finals since 1999.

None of these corps view Madison as a rival. 

How is this acceptable to anyone?

Great post and 100% spot on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vuitton said:

While, as an alumni, I applaud and support gender inclusion, I don't believe for one second they did it to be inclusive. They did it because they needed to be able to tap into more of the talent pool. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's be real about it. It was just another deserpate and failed attempt by a desperate and failed adminstration to improve on placement. But, while the move perhaps expanded the talent pool for them, nothing has improved from a design perspective. Ok - perhaps musically. But the overall designs have given the corps no hope of making finals from the moment they were written down.

I support the membership. I do not support the adminstration. When do you draw the line? When has there been any placement improvement, a substaintial one? Never. Mason left them in good standing when he left and that showed in the 2015 show. Since then, there have been no substantial improvements in placement, there hasn't been one good design, and there has been constant deseparte shifting to try and make something stick, and nothing has sticked. 

Frankly, they have also failed at being entertaining. While I don't want them to rehash old Madison tunes or shows (they don't have to) they can still be entertaining, and they aren't really. Not compared to how Madison used to be. One of the fan favorites year in and year out, for decades. That's gone now. It's all gone now. It's so disappointing.

Haven't beaten Blue Devils at finals since 1988.

Haven't beaten Blue Devils at all since 1991.

Haven't beaten Cadets at finals since 1988.

Haven't beaten Cadets at all since 1995.

Haven't beaten Vanguard, Crown, Regiment or Bluecoats since 2005.

Haven't beaten Regiment at finals since 1999.

None of these corps view Madison as a rival. 

How is this acceptable to anyone?

and many of us said it then and we were bashed for it. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:50 PM, Jeff Ream said:

and many of us said it then and we were bashed for it. 

I know, and I don't care about being bashed anymore. The "yes" men and women and the constant complacency are at fault for where Madison is. Even people on here defend them and seem to be deluded into thinking they are magically going to rebound. They are not. You can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. It's maddening. What's it going to take? For them to lose to an Open Class corps? If so, I'm rooting for that to happen.

Edited by Vuitton

On 2/22/2024 at 12:47 PM, MikeN said:

Honestly, it should be their encore piece from now until the end of time. -Mike

In terms of Madison, is there no love for MacArthur Park?

I don't that I can take it. 

• Haha 1