CA Dept of Justice issues SCV "LETTER OF GOOD STANDING"

Still trying to figure out how I feel about this latest development.. One side says yay, someone finally got the ship back on course. Let's go out there and kick some arse. The other says, the damage to image, reputation and perception of the organization is already done and I'm just not the same fan of SCV as I've been for the last 50+ years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Still trying to figure out how I feel about this latest development.. One side says yay, someone finally got the ship back on course. Let's go out there and kick some arse. The other says, the damage to image, reputation and perception of the organization is already done and I'm just not the same fan of SCV as I've been for the last 50+ years. 

I decided to turn off the noise and see how things go.  I’m hopeful.  We’ve both been in or around this stuff for most of our lives and I’m going to be positive about their recovery and return.  And hope that lessons were learned.  We all make mistakes.  But if we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, we’ve learned nothing.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I decided to turn off the noise and see how things go.  I’m hopeful.  We’ve both been in or around this stuff for most of our lives and I’m going to be positive about their recovery and return.  And hope that lessons were learned.  We all make mistakes.  But if we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, we’ve learned nothing.  

That's probably the best road for me to take. I'll always go ape for the performances, the kids and staff and wish them nothing but success. In 2-3 years, particularly if SCV captures a championship, most of this scandal will be forgotten. I forgave Marv Albert for crying out loud. I can forgive SCV. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I forgave Marv Albert for crying out loud. I can forgive SCV. 

I should have clarified that. Not forgave for his criminal wrong doings. For his strutting around his NY apartment in full-on Carmen Miranda get up. 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Note to all:  Don’t sit in Terri’s chair. 

Especially in Lucas Oil.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Both can be somewhat true.  Yes they have fixed a big part it seems; compliance with the State of Cali.  But there is more to do before everything is properly on track, especially with finances to be on tour.  And the rep took a big hit making many fans skeptical.  Whether that carries into their success this summer remains to be seen, relative to membership, performance logistics and all.  I suspect, taking them at their word about the show they put out, there will be few concerns about the quality of it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know Florida is God’s waiting room but even in the little community where I live, they have two bingo games running. I have no clue as to what it’s like in that part of California.  I’ve never been to bingo and I have no intention of going.  They had to call the police at the bingo game I worked at my son’s school.  Two old ladies got into a physical dust up because one of them sat in the wrong chair. 

Used to be think you could find a game every week night within a 15 mile radius of Harrisburg. Then a business started a big money place to drive out the smaller games. But… then PA started the no smoking laws which hurt all the games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

well we have to hope in time it's repaired. only they can prove it

• Like 1

Genuinely positive news, and I'm very happy to see it. However, I feel like the organization still struggles with a lack of transparency and accountability that they never dealt with. This outcome, while objectively positive, seems like it happened in spite of the locked down messaging and murky operational procedures that led to this mess in the first place not being fixed. My concern is that without the foundational changes to address this, that they will continue to see issues in the member safety, staff accountability, theft, and financial stability spaces. 

I genuinely hope that's not the case, but it's something that a lot of people will be watching out for in the future as it's completely possible to successfully alleviate a symptom of dysfunction, without actually addressing the organizational issues that led to that symptom. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 2