CA Dept of Justice issues SCV "LETTER OF GOOD STANDING"

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Sorry to all others reading here, feel free to ignore.

Apparently my alum stalker reads everything I post here and responds menacingly under the old SVVoice article, referring to me by actual name. They are obviously afraid to respond here or other platforms because they know others will come to my defense. I have a strong sense of who they are and haven't yet gone to the authorities. Both the CEO and alum officers were made aware of this days ago though. They continue to do nothing, likely because they don't know what to do and this person is still hiding behind anonymity.

I'm asking you now to stop and leave me alone or I will go to the authorities. I'm trying to pull away from my activity here and elsewhere and failing to do so, in part, because I'm still being attacked. They are actively victim blaming and gaslighting. Still. Just as they did when they were on this platform months ago.

Leave me alone.

You are a valued voice on DCP. Several of us here have your back.  If we can help just let us know. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Slingerland said:

I assume professionalism, yes. 

Orgs and individuals who can't embrace that should go do something else rather than be in management. In Galvin's case, he has to recognize where the stink comes from, and make the case to the Board that some of them are going to need to step away. He has all the leverage he needs in having the power to step away himself, which would stick a stake through the org's heart once and for all. 

The situation out there has gone on long enough, and someone's going to have to be the sheriff.  Good management sees where the problems are and addresses them, even if "the problem" is their direct reports one direction or the other.

I think Gavin needs to call an Al Capone baseball meeting

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daave said:

If you're taking flak, it usually means you're over the target.  One can fly away and avoid the flak, or one can open the bomb bay doors.

GHOST was an NG artillery officer. He could borrow a 185 and drop some rounds from a good distance.  Carpet bombing might be quicker though. Don't forget drones. 

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

I recommend holding fire.

Thank you for your service. I didn't know.

This is my take as well, as someone who wanted to join the military but whose family laughed when I brought it up. They were right. Super special summer band was tough enough for me anyway apparently. It's also part of why I listen to the military intelligence alumni (plural) that I do. I'm practically a butterfly by comparison.

Also, I never fed the military metaphors in this predicament. At best I pointed out that the alum naysayers were friendly-firing this whole time and I have the wounds to prove it. And receipts.

Respectfully to all involved, likening this to warfare cheapens the whole thing, at least as far as I'm involved. Am close to a Nam combat vet. What we're going through pales in comparison and he doesn't have to say a word about what he endured.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Thank you for your service. I didn't know.

This is my take as well, as someone who wanted to join the military but whose family laughed when I brought it up. They were right. Super special summer band was tough enough for me anyway apparently. It's also part of why I listen to the military intelligence alumni (plural) that I do. I'm practically a butterfly by comparison.

Also, I never fed the military metaphors in this predicament. At best I pointed out that the alum naysayers were friendly-firing this whole time and I have the wounds to prove it. And receipts.

Respectfully to all involved, likening this to warfare cheapens the whole thing, at least as far as I'm involved. Am close to a Nam combat vet. What we're going through pales in comparison and he doesn't have to say a word about what he endured.

So far, no bullets have been fired. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So far, no bullets have been fired. 

... aside from friendly-fire, yes.

I noted the friendly-fire 20 years ago. Apparently some DCPers here did too. So I defiantly put down the stupid prop scimitar at the end of 04 for a ####### reason, such that it's now sealed in film in perpetuity whether Vanguard likes it or not. I witnessed it and endured it as a kid and now again, as a professional who can call the red flags as I see them, with nationally-recognized backup resources. By all accounts from young alum I've spoken to, it never really stopped.

And here we are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They sure get worked up about band.   I don’t get it. 

Well the band part ain’t messing things up, it’s the freaking money and “any group I was in NEVER did anything wrong” ego mindset.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Said same thing twice in same sentence 😫
  • Like 1