Vanguard 2024

30 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I have to believe this day in age with several corps having had financial management issues, abuse allegations (more than one persons alleged abuse) and a number of safety and care of membership issues, that any PR or media team at any org, would have a release of ANY communication, be reviewed and signed off by leadership, before publication.   No org in their right minds would allow their social media team or PR team carte blanche on communications. Or they shouldn’t.  And if they do, then they risk the backlash that may be generated; deservedly. 

Agree.  When an organization’s credibility is on thin ice, it is best to be overly cautious.   Makes me wonder if all the ‘new, transparent SCV’ is just lip service?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ whole lotta yapping over a “haha wouldn’t it be funny if we did the same show we did 10 years ago” and “haha wouldn’t it be funny if we did the same show we did 20 years ago”

anyways let’s get this thread back on track before the janitors shut us down!! What does everyone think their floor and ceiling is this year? I’d say 5-10 range but who knows? Discuss.

4 minutes ago, Brass of the South said:

anyways let’s get this thread back on track before the janitors shut us down!! What does everyone think their floor and ceiling is this year? I’d say 5-10 range but who knows? Discuss.

With Cadets not performing this year, let's slide everyone up one spot, which means 5-10 to "start" the 2024 season would be......

5. Mandarins 

6. Phantom Regiment 

7. Cavaliers 

8. Colts

9. Troopers

10. Blue Stars

If SCV is in the 5-10 range at finals this summer, who is out and why?

9 hours ago, olddrummer34 said:

Many times the person running the social media account is a hired employee with social media experience who probably has no idea about these abuse allegations. They have no reason to know, and probably have no idea why a piece of music the corps has performed is controversial. 

yup. just like cadets social media team releasing stuff about auditions only for hours later the corps inactivity ( using their words, not the actual reality) being announced. i get how some may be offended, but i'm not going to trash the organization

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So things posted to SCV social media don’t get approved by SCV management?

see above reference to the Cadets

9 hours ago, olddrummer34 said:

This whole forum is a small microcosm of everyone in DCI and, frankly, it is a place that everyone actually involved in DCI avoids like the plague. SO it is likely that the person who posted had no idea about this. It is possible that they weren't out to upset you. 

correction. it is a place everyone involved in DCi avoids posting on ( with their real names anyway). They read. Religiously.

Edited by Jeff Ream

We’re getting off topic here. What type of style do you think SCV will be pushing towards? Will we see a return to the aggressiveness of 2017-2019? Personally, I think the 2024 show will be a return to the punk aesthetic a la 2019, but hopefully with a much better foundation. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brass of the South said:

We’re getting off topic here. What type of style do you think SCV will be pushing towards? Will we see a return to the aggressiveness of 2017-2019? Personally, I think the 2024 show will be a return to the punk aesthetic a la 2019, but hopefully with a much better foundation. 

That’s a good niche for them.  It works. I don’t know how much of the staff is retained from 2019.