Vanguard 2024

55 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we're given a lecture on it.

It’s been a while since we’ve had a good Power Point around here. 😎

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we're given a lecture on it.

I didn’t make the joke

14 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Regarding GH and claims regarding a current staff member at Vanguard:

he hasn't been to a show in a while. after the eruption the other year, he's stayed away especially after DCI went legal in a social media post or Press release. and trust me, if he did go, no way he'd be quiet about it. unless hes wearing serious disguises, the few shows left around here he'd be too well known to sneak in and fly under the radar.

as for the kid...well....kids often defend their parents to a fault.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

as for the kid...well....kids often defend their parents to a fault.

Gross. That's not acceptable at a corps with a corroborated history of abuse. It normalizes enabling.

The adult "kid" defended, enabled a known abuser into shows by providing a badge, enabled him to advise my corps on their show... supposedly.

Those are all disqualifying, enabling behaviors, exactly as I pointed out at the time. And they demonstrate the adult "kid" is likely challenged by calling out and acting appropriately on other concerning behaviors if they're observed.

Has the adult "kid" done any additional professional development to assertively demonstrate otherwise? Has this bare minimum been reached, requested, or even attempted?

• Like 1

Sir. This is a Vanguard thread.

anyways! what’s everyone’s favorite vanguard show? mine is probably 1987, though I was a bit too young to know what DCI was then. haha!

• Like 1