A Great Article on The Cadets

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Very true. I saw Garfield a few times in 1984. Once was at DCI Canada. They lost to Phantom that night. The Regiment was on fire that night so they deserved it, but all the talk was about Garfield because the show was so amazing. They just had a slightly off night. After the show I could see city buses picking up some of the corps and I wondered where the heck were their buses. Many years later I always heard from people how they were constantly having buses fixed and they were stranded on the road quite a bit. The corps was clearly talented and the show was near perfect design, so even with a 7th place percussion score they still manage to win. Just crazy stuff. If someone told you such a story you would say "no way could that corps win." But then you witness the show with your own eyes and realize...yes that show deserved to win. 

worked for Crown in 2013

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No, force some to pull head out of ###

sadly in life across many aspects of the world we live in, thats just not possible for too many people

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2024 at 11:06 AM, DFA1970 said:

SCV is in a better financial situation to come back after a year off. They own their own property and have two bingo locations. The property in Santa Clara is in the heart of Silicone Valley.

No, that would be Silicon Valley.  Silicone Valley is further south... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

On 1/30/2024 at 10:41 AM, Keith Hall said:

Does anything last in Erie? I don't say that to be mean but corps seem to go away when in Erie.

That can be said about 1,000 other towns.  But corps in Erie have also made comebacks.  Not many other towns can say that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

No, that would be Silicon Valley.  Silicone Valley is further south... 

and their hometown has an NFL team with a drumline.....that is part of BDE.

• Like 2