A Great Article on The Cadets

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You don’t want to end up sleeping with the fishes. 

Wearing concrete galoshes.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You don’t want to end up sleeping with the fishes. 

especially not in Lake Erie

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, craiga said:

This is EXACTLY what I heard as well

They are selling canned goods (catsup, beans, canned peaches etc. left on cooking trailer) before Music City took it. That is the only liquid assets that they have left. 

3 hours ago, denverjohn said:

I enjoyed watching your guard doing the side slams on the tennis court

and my favorite part was the guard pointing their pole through the battery

arc in American Salute (Johnny Comes Marching Home). (Chase those battery judges away. LOL)

Oh!  You were there as a marching member of Garfield at the time.  Cool!  Thank you for the kind words, John.  Those ladies, especially the rifle line, were tough as nails as well as gorgeous. 

6 hours ago, Daave said:

Word from the Jannuals was that they had liquidated assets, sent no representation to the annual meetings, and it was voted to suspend their membership.  If that is so, it will be difficult to be sure.

'Heard these things as well. Sounds beyond dire now.  This hurts. 'Didn't know the few bad apples there  well that brought shame to the organization, but Ido know some  decent and very nice people that came through that organization over the years in one capacity or another, and I feel their pain with this and it saddens me.😒

2 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

They are selling canned goods (catsup, beans, canned peaches etc. left on cooking trailer) before Music City took it. That is the only liquid assets that they have left. 

Not so sure this is as dire as it may sound.  If they're not touring in 2024 why hang on to this stuff?  Even canned food needs to be stored correctly; cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, heat/humidity, etc. 

If they're selling property and/or backing out of leases that's another story.  

9 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

A fond memory of Garfield, New Jersey:  In 1972 we stayed several days at Garfield High School(?).  The neighbors across the street let us practice on their lawn for sectionals and brought us refreshments.  One restaurant owner invited the entire corps to dinner at his pizza restaurant.  To show our appreciation to the town and the Cadets we did our show for them.  They loved it and then we did a second run-through.  In all my experience in Drum Corps we were never treated better than at Garfield. 

I hope the Cadets come back next year strong. 

You guys were a great bunch of people. I was in Garfield from 70-72. I remember just what you wrote. Very classy group of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Not so sure this is as dire as it may sound.  If they're not touring in 2024 why hang on to this stuff?  Even canned food needs to be stored correctly; cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, heat/humidity, etc. 

If they're selling property and/or backing out of leases that's another story.  

the equipment is gone from all credible sources i've talked to

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

the equipment is gone from all credible sources i've talked to

All that is left is the Championship Trophies which should probably just disappear for several years.