A Great Article on The Cadets

43 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I know i am late, this has gone few days ago, BUT I am hoping, praying and begging for that miracle for the cadets to survive this again somehow. :146_bow::100_pray:

Those same sentiments are being sent to SCV.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I know i am late, this has gone few days ago, BUT I am hoping, praying and begging for that miracle for the cadets to survive this again somehow. :146_bow::100_pray:

I don’t believe there is any coming back for Cadets.  No money now, no money coming, only money going for debts and huge legal bills.  Then the legal issues themselves on top of the cost of them.  All their assets are gone.  They would be starting from scratch.   Less than scratch actually. They need money and support.  Lots of it.  And the cavelry is not coming I’m afraid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I don’t believe there is any coming back for Cadets.  No money now, no money coming, only money going for debts and huge legal bills.  Then the legal issues themselves on top of the cost of them.  All their assets are gone.  They would be starting from scratch.   Less than scratch actually. They need money and support.  Lots of it.  And the cavelry is not coming I’m afraid.

Unfortunately, this is the truth. 

4 hours ago, TOC said:

Those same sentiments are being sent to SCV.

SCV is no where near the state The Cadets are in right now. 

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

SCV is no where near the state The Cadets are in right now. 

This is true, unfortunately.   SCV has millions of dollars with bingo continuing to generate substantial income.  The Cadets literally have no money, no assets, with multiple lawsuits from decades ago. They are now a revered memory.

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If there was a contingent of stakeholders in the drum corps community to build something from scratch it should be feasible. Right? There is now a vacuum the Cadets leave behind. 

The strategy has been used before, yes, Cadets up and move and change Tax ID numbers. They probably have exhausted the use of that strategy. 

There are people willing to be instructional staff, there are youth willing to be marching members. Now someone needs to lead a charge to generate a non profit from scratch and raise funds to go around and march in some parades. 

Have a focus on performing arts for youth, and take it from there. 

Don't manage money like SCV's does, and don't touch members like Cadets did and a new organization would be off to a great start. 

The Cadets are done and SCV is a wait and see. There are are a bunch of corps from the past I really miss, as well; but they are gone and aren't going to come back. If a corps folds, let it go and move on. Stop trying to salvage the unsalvageable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

If there was a contingent of stakeholders in the drum corps community to build something from scratch it should be feasible. Right? There is now a vacuum the Cadets leave behind. 

The strategy has been used before, yes, Cadets up and move and change Tax ID numbers. They probably have exhausted the use of that strategy. 

There are people willing to be instructional staff, there are youth willing to be marching members. Now someone needs to lead a charge to generate a non profit from scratch and raise funds to go around and march in some parades. 

Have a focus on performing arts for youth, and take it from there. 

Don't manage money like SCV's does, and don't touch members like Cadets did and a new organization would be off to a great start. 

It has to be an entirely different entity and identity. They cannot claim any of the traditions or the history of the cadets if there was a new corps created. That’s how the judge allowed this lawsuit to go against them. Sure they have a new non profit and new tax ID, but they still claim all the history and traditions of the organization. 

10 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

It has to be an entirely different entity and identity. They cannot claim any of the traditions or the history of the cadets if there was a new corps created. That’s how the judge allowed this lawsuit to go against them. Sure they have a new non profit and new tax ID, but they still claim all the history and traditions of the organization. 

Oh yea, absolutely. There needs to be a new guard, and as displayed trying to continue the Cadets over and over again isn't the right process. 

14 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

well if thy win the lawsuit, they'll have to get money and equipment since they have neither

• Sad 1