A Great Article on The Cadets

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

They won't settle. The complainant wants a trial, and Cadets have offered her everything they have to settle. If the complainant is still looking for a jury trial, it'll be up to the folks to find that the preponderance of evidence supports her claim. 

If I was a betting person, I'd actually put the odds in Cadets favor. But I'm not a betting person. 

Regardless of who prevails, I suspect there will be a lot of dirty laundry exposed.  

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

They won't settle. The complainant wants a trial, and Cadets have offered her everything they have to settle. If the complainant is still looking for a jury trial, it'll be up to the folks to find that the preponderance of evidence supports her claim. 

If I was a betting person, I'd actually put the odds in Cadets favor. But I'm not a betting person. 

If what you say is true (not challenging the veracity of your statement) and the complainant won’t settle and wants to take it to trial, what would the expected outcome be for her?  I’m wondering what  does she want out of a trial win, if there is nothing left monetarily? If the Cadets org has nothing, will individuals named, be responsible for whatever award the court decides? 

39 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

If what you say is true (not challenging the veracity of your statement) and the complainant won’t settle and wants to take it to trial, what would the expected outcome be for her?  I’m wondering what  does she want out of a trial win, if there is nothing left monetarily? If the Cadets org has nothing, will individuals named, be responsible for whatever award the court decides? 

DCI is also a defendant.  And they do have some $ in the bank. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

and apparently they don't have enough left to sell to settle

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe it’s not just a case of wanting money. Could want the truth of this mess to come out publicly.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe it’s not just a case of wanting money. Could want the truth of this mess to come out publicly.

And what is so #### funny about this? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I guess my question is, isn’t the truth already out there?

11 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The complainant didn’t want the trial. It was when DCI was added that a trial was demanded. 

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Of course it's about the money.   

• Like 1