A Great Article on The Cadets

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

I think Cadets were removed from actual membership earlier this year, but I might be misremembering things.

I also assumed the Memphis thing was an April Fools joke with bad timing, because it's such a bad idea, it's hard to imagine anyone seriously wanting to go there. 

Were I a Cadets alum, I'd be p___ssed off about this, as it pre-supposes that the actual Cadets are dead and gone, and even though they're dormant this year, there's still the capacity to relaunch once they're past the current legal travails. The Memphis move strikes me as more than a little presumptuous.

If a settlement is awarded against them, there is no coming back. Any asset the organization would automatically be seized to cover the settlement. 

21 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Cadets circumnavigation of the globe continues.  

i just saw online that this is Memphis doing, not the Cadets org officially being a part of it. still stupid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

If a settlement is awarded against them, there is no coming back. Any asset the organization would automatically be seized to cover the settlement. 

i don't see them coming back anyway. there was already zero money, everything sold, and zero support in Erie

4 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Agreed, but I also suspect that the suit will not go in the complainant's favor.

Just now, Slingerland said:

Agreed, but I also suspect that the suit will not go in the complainant's favor.

In today’s society? Oh it’s definitely going in the complainants favor. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i don't see them coming back anyway. there was already zero money, everything sold, and zero support in Erie

The loss of DCI membership at the DCI Januals was the final nail in the coffin for the Cadets sadly. DCI likely did not want to go bigtime public with this  DCI membership revocation for legal reasons.... understandably. 

I was going to say that Cadets of Memphis was the stupidest idea currently possible.  But would that be premature?

Big "if" here... but if DCI revoked Cadets membership:

- not in 2018, but in 2024

- not for anything Cadets have done, but rather what they might be held accountable for

... that would be stupid FTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

The loss of DCI membership at the DCI Januals was the final nail in the coffin for the Cadets sadly. DCI likely did not want to go bigtime public with this  DCI membership revocation for legal reasons.... understandably. 

Mr. Anova is correct with his analysis.   Anyone still in denial is literally  whistling past the graveyard.   The Cadets have no money, no equipment, no property,  no organizational infrastructure,  and a logjam of complainants lined up for their financial pounds of flesh for misdeeds from 40 years ago.

If this Memphis thing comes to pass, if they actually purchase uniforms, put "Since 1934" on their trucks, adopt the FHNSB  iconography, they are literally begging to end up in court for something they have zero involvement with.  I can't imagine anybody with half a brain pursuing this.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I was going to say that Cadets of Memphis was the stupidest idea currently possible.  But would that be premature?

Big "if" here... but if DCI revoked Cadets membership:

- not in 2018, but in 2024

- not for anything Cadets have done, but rather what they might be held accountable for

... that would be stupid FTW.

If I win the lottery I will start the Velvet Knights of Virginia.  Or maybe the Virginia Bridgemen. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Haha 3