A Great Article on The Cadets

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

When you matched, I’m surprised Boston Crusaders Bingo sheets even had the number 27 on them!🙂

true story....my senior year in HS, our drill designer was a Boston alum. when he would count stuff off, he never said 27. so i asked him and he told me. so i of course told the band and we yelled it.

then in our closer, we had a slow turning front, and for the last day of camp, i got the band to sing Danny Boy while we did the drill.

he eventually forgave me, and we even marched together later. and now he's a Lutheran Pastor

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, craiga said:

No. Not sure why.

probably Kraft wants the $$

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

probably Kraft wants the $$

The corps ended the relationship for pretty much the reason LabMaster explained. Gillette Stadium still has a large portion of their concession stands staffed by non profits.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

true story....my senior year in HS, our drill designer was a Boston alum. when he would count stuff off, he never said 27. so i asked him and he told me. so i of course told the band and we yelled it.

then in our closer, we had a slow turning front, and for the last day of camp, i got the band to sing Danny Boy while we did the drill.

he eventually forgave me, and we even marched together later. and now he's a Lutheran Pastor

Never knew you worked with him. 😆

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Might have been getting a solid number of volunteers each game and game schedule played a part.  There was a minimum requirement of people needed to be in the concession stand. The games could be at 1pm, 4pm or 7pm and you had to be in the stand 3 hours before game time and wound be there an hour after the game .  Then be stuck in traffic. Made for a long hard day.   Volunteers are the lifeblood of corps and corps support functions.  Things need to be easy for most volunteers to devote a lot of time on a regular basis.

You pretty much got it.

I'll just add it was 20-25 events  each year, requiring a minimum of 8-10 people. For 9+ years it was the same 4 or 5 people who worked everything and it was a constant struggle to fill the remaining spots. There were also financial considerations (due to slow sales and not meeting minimum staffing on many occasions).  It was no longer a viable fundraising option.

9 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Might have been getting a solid number of volunteers each game and game schedule played a part.  There was a minimum requirement of people needed to be in the concession stand. The games could be at 1pm, 4pm or 7pm and you had to be in the stand 3 hours before game time and wound be there an hour after the game .  Then be stuck in traffic. Made for a long hard day.    

Hopefully the parking was free.

11 hours ago, Tim K said:

When you marched, I’m surprised Boston Crusaders Bingo sheets even had the number 27 on them!🙂