Houston, Do we have a problem?

53 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Idk re LOS price, but if construction delays mean it isn’t ready, then it isn’t ready.  DCI might get a refund I suppose.  

IDK Detroit cost, nor what condition St Louis dome is in.  But if DCI is committed to dome, those are closest.  And looking at St Louis dome website, they have a concert (band called Pink (who I have never heard of)) on schedule for 10 Aug.  

[laughs]

Pink is a solo act, not a band.  She could sell that dome 100 times over what DCI could put in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Idk re LOS price, but if construction delays mean it isn’t ready, then it isn’t ready.  DCI might get a refund I suppose.  

IDK Detroit cost, nor what condition St Louis dome is in.  But if DCI is committed to dome, those are closest.  And looking at St Louis dome website, they have a concert (band called Pink (who I have never heard of)) on schedule for 10 Aug.  

I was at the St Louis stadium the last time they held a show there. It was run down and poorly maintained.  

• Like 3

On 4/5/2024 at 1:25 PM, spacewill said:

DCI WACO just added to the schedule.  @Hook'emCavies may have to drive a little north if the Houston show doesn't get flushed out.  Cavies will be in WACO.

DCI WACO was not an addition, it was a substitution from Killeen.

• Thanks 2

On 4/13/2024 at 12:59 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I was at the St Louis stadium the last time they held a show there. It was run down and poorly maintained.  

Not a bad venue (needs upgrading), but I understand It was a logistics nightmare for parking, warm up, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Not a bad venue (needs upgrading), but I understand It was a logistics nightmare for parking, warm up, etc.  

Luckily we could walk there because our hotel was nearby but they had a freakin outdoor circus set up there, too.  It seemed dirty and dusty in there to me. 

• Like 1

See Cavaliers calendar on 7/18.  

6 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

No, it used to be DCI Austin.

Yes, but this season, before it was WACO it was Killeen.

Edited by Maddogicatron

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to get the feeling that there isn't going to be a Houston show.

Truthfully, I'm wondering if COPA America has something to do with it. Sure, the dates are about a month apart... but I'm wondering if because of this major tournament it is causing an increase in stadium prices (for whatever reason).

To those that don't know what COPA America is, this is a major soccer tournament that is usually held in South America. However, North America was invited and we are hosting the tournament (I like sports and I'm proud to support team USA). This is might be a reason why some venues are having to change.