Houston, Do we have a problem?

15 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Hoping DCI avoids last year’s fiasco of the Rose Bowl forcing a schedule change on them, which required DCI to revamp the schedule for multiple CA shows. Now we should hope they can avoid that for Houston show too. But it sounds like Houston has a lot of venue options.

Amen brother! 

Just noticed that Academy isn't coming to the three SoCal shows, but will be in NorCal. That sucks. I always enjoyed Academy. I am sure they have their reasons. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 5:34 PM, Chief Guns said:

The first two California shows of the season is listed on the DCI website as "San Diego area and Los Angeles area" so us SoCal fans are in the same boat you are in. 

I saw the announcement for the San Diego/Rose Bowl change.  I actually like what they are doing with two shows in one location. 

I am just getting more concerned that DCI has not said a peep about where the Houston show will actually take place.  Are they having that much trouble finding a location for a historically strong show?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I saw the announcement for the San Diego/Rose Bowl change.  I actually like what they are doing with two shows in one location. 

I am just getting more concerned that DCI has not said a peep about where the Houston show will actually take place.  Are they having that much trouble finding a location for a historically strong show?

I do like the new location. I checked on Google maps and it's a very nice location and the venue while not big it looks cool. Walnut is right next door to Dimond Bar.

Is DCI Austin off the schedule too?

I see DCI Central Texas, I hope it's just a placeholder 😭

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I wish DCI would not schedule shows in San Bernardino.  Move it to Orange County where there are a myriad of safer municipal stadiums.  

I've went to the San Bernardino show every year since 2018 when they moved the show RCC. Did something happen in particular? 

True, San Bernardino the city IS NOT SAFE AT ALL! But if we are being honest, neither is Riverside where RCC is. 

Exit RCC on the northwest side of the campus going up Magnolia Ave towards University Ave, you better pray you hit green lights. If you stop, your car might be on blocks by the time you hit the gas again lol.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I've went to the San Bernardino show every year since 2018 when they moved the show RCC. Did something happen in particular? 

True, San Bernardino the city IS NOT SAFE AT ALL! But if we are being honest, neither is Riverside where RCC is. 

Exit RCC on the northwest side of the campus going up Magnolia Ave towards University Ave, you better pray you hit green lights. If you stop, your car might be on blocks by the time you hit the gas again lol.  

Jim had to walk a site in Chester, PA years ago and he was told to not stop for anything. lol 😂.  They used to have a show there, too.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim had to walk a site in Chester, PA years ago and he was told to not stop for anything. lol 😂.  They used to have a show there, too.  

Years back had in laws that part of PA. They took us to Philly and they pointed out the Chester exit. “What ever you do.. DON’T GET OFF THERE!”. Then we spend an afternoon on South Street in Philly. Kept overhearing about a bar bouncer who got the crap kicked out of him. “Yeah man they were pros, must have been a mob job”. 😦

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Years back had in laws that part of PA. They took us to Philly and they pointed out the Chester exit. “What ever you do.. DON’T GET OFF THERE!”. Then we spend an afternoon on South Street in Philly. Kept overhearing about a bar bouncer who got the crap kicked out of him. “Yeah man they were pros, must have been a mob job”. 😦

You should have seen the security around that power site and he was there to design even more. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zackattack07 said:

Is DCI Austin off the schedule too?

I see DCI Central Texas, I hope it's just a placeholder 😭

Lots of juggling has been going on lately. 

Tupelo MS is now a "TBD", Barnum show got moved from Bridgeport to Shelton, Pasco show moved to Kennewick (and to a better stadium IMO) just to name a couple.