Cadets and bankruptcy

and...so sad. i enjoyed so many shows. i had students march there. friends march and teach there. friends kids march there. one of the best days for me as an educator was the day before hershey in 98 watching Aungst and company work the drumline at Mechanicsburg HS for several hours. i learned so much watching and listening. 

they zigged. they zagged. hell they zugged. their Allentown performance in 18 will be burned in my brain forever. But in the end, the past caught up with them. i hope other teams throw in Zpulls this summer just cause

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

Fair point. But ultimately the plaintiff's lawyers had to know this would be the end result, right?

The lawsuit mentions John Does 1-10; assuming that these refer to specific individuals, could they have some liability?  

In a previous life I was involved with many legal actions where I was the guy that understood various technical issues & had to explain them to the lawyers (& vice versa- had to explain to my leadership what the lawyers were saying).  So I have a bit of experience in civil torts, but don’t ever recall seeing John Does.  Any legal types want to educate us?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

One of the most storied corps in the history of our activity died today and this is what you care about?  

Good Lord. 

Absolutely……………..

The conduct of individuals caused this.

What are the series of events that have led to this result?

“Today” isn’t the day it died. It’s just the day it can’t be hidden anymore.

I get it……………..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

Any chance the DCP admins will bring back the thread they removed of my pointing out Cadets were in regulatory violation of state law by failing to register as a charity?

No... literally no point. Beating dead horses and all...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Absolutely……………..

The conduct of individuals caused this.

What are the series of events that have led to this result?

“Today” isn’t the day it died. It’s just the day it can’t be hidden anymore.

I get it……………..

..............I'm not so sure.

Hey, fwiw, I think you do good work and I appreciate your service to our country.  

• Like 1

If The Cadets had simply folded due to the cost of fuel, housing, insurance, food etc, I could live with that. Sad but hey, them's the breaks and life goes on. The fact that this was instead 100% self inflicted, it kinda pisses me off to be honest. I see lots of comments about He Who Shall Not Be Named... well, these actions pre-date him. Looking at the big picture, I can now see how he did what he did as the culture was already there. FOR THE RECORD... I am in NO WAY excusing the actions... I think he should be in prison right now. Just that this stuff was happening BEFORE him. As much as I hate to say it, the corps SHOULD have died back in 2018. We simply got a bonus five years on life support. This is sad, perplexing, anger inducing and TOTALLY unsurprising I'm afraid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Really hard to believe this is it. 😔

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Really hard to believe this is it. 

Well, it is. 

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Well, it is. 

Clearly I know that, but thanks.

Just now, chris ncsu said:

Clearly I know that, but thanks.

Apologies, there’s been others on the internet stating “oh they’ll be back” even though the statement clearly points out that they can’t come back. Didn’t think people could be as naive. 

• Like 1