Cadets and bankruptcy

4 hours ago, Cainan said:

If The Cadets had simply folded due to the cost of fuel, housing, insurance, food etc, I could live with that. Sad but hey, them's the breaks and life goes on. The fact that this was instead 100% self inflicted, it kinda pisses me off to be honest. I see lots of comments about He Who Shall Not Be Named... well, these actions pre-date him. Looking at the big picture, I can now see how he did what he did as the culture was already there. FOR THE RECORD... I am in NO WAY excusing the actions... I think he should be in prison right now. Just that this stuff was happening BEFORE him. As much as I hate to say it, the corps SHOULD have died back in 2018. We simply got a bonus five years on life support. This is sad, perplexing, anger inducing and TOTALLY unsurprising I'm afraid.

He was administration when the event in the suit happened and in his legal woes it was pointed out his actions predated the episode in this lawsuit

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Apologies, there’s been others on the internet stating “oh they’ll be back” even though the statement clearly points out that they can’t come back. Didn’t think people could be as naive. 

Denials not just a river in Egypt. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

remember a board member came here inviting questions, then refused to answer them if you didn't reveal where you got the info you asked about.

I don't recall as I've been less and less active on DCP for several years and likely missed all that. 

But I'm also not the least bit surprised.

11 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

So Cadets of Memphis... isn't happening 

Actually,  Someone could start a corps named the Cadets of Memphis, but it would not be able to have anything to do with the Cadets organization formerly known as the Holy Name Cadets, etc...

9 hours ago, Nintendont_ said:

RIP Cadets. We will all miss you

Not everybody will.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Galen said:

Not everybody will.

Well, to be fair (thanks for that ear worm, Letterkenny), you could say that (not everybody will be sad they folded) about any corps that folds.

46 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I talked to my bf down here who is one of the original survivors.  It was clear to me that there was institutionalized dysfunction in the organization for decades. Even before you know who.  She was in the Plebes so her knowledge goes way back. She is from Garfield.  

Wish I could remember who on either RAMD or DCP chewed me out for saying corps are one big “oh crap” away from going away. Just surprised SCV is this far along in trying to get back.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, to be fair (thanks for that ear worm, Letterkenny), you could say that (not everybody will be sad they folded) about any corps that folds.

True, but I'm sure this one will have far more people who are glad to see them pass away than your typical corps.

11 minutes ago, Galen said:

True, but I'm sure this one will have far more people who are glad to see them pass away than your typical corps.

If what you are saying is true, it didn’t come from nowhere. The wounds were self-inflicted. In other words, and to be specific, if people are glad this happened because they had enough of George Hopkins, then that’s on GH. It’s not on those who are glad (using your word).