my favorite Cadets shows

18 hours ago, TOC said:

Interesting choices.

I find myself watching 85, 86, 88, and 1993 more, then listening to them, ( audio only). The visiual and drill in those shows fascinate me. 91 and 98 are two shows I often listen to in the car or other places where I am not watching the show. The music in those shows, particularly Short Ride in a Fast Machine and the ballad, remind me a lot of when I was first getting into drum corps and marching overall. 

I’ll throw in 2001 as another show I listen to. Not one of my favorite shows overall, but I can listen to that show all day. The music in that show and how it’s played and mastered by the corps, 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 9:20 PM, Land_Surfer said:

Every second of 1987 Appalachian Spring.  That show plus SCV’s Russian Christmas Music (in the same year), especially the low brass at 2:26, hooked me on drum & bugle corps.

The ending of the Cadets 87 show was brilliant and very satisfying!

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 9:46 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

Whatever year they did the peace sign.  It was either 1971 or 72.  It was considered VERY controversial by the VFW crowd at the time; "#### Commie Hippies"!

We did the Peace Sign all of my years, 70, 71 and 72. In 70 it was the most controversial. We did it coming out of concert to The Peace Sign playing White Rabbit. The VFW admin was against it. At Nats though, we got a huge positive response from the audience. The flashes going off by photographers were blinding when we were charging the front in the form.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 3

I saw a performance of Make Our Garden Grow tonight, and it reminded me of the truly outstanding arrangement in 1985 (starting at 6:45). An amazing melody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I saw a performance of Make Our Garden Grow tonight, and it reminded me of the truly outstanding arrangement in 1985 (starting at 6:45). An amazing melody.

3:54 Picture-in-picture: Michael Klesch