Post on Reddit about SoA

Posted abt an hour ago 

Spirit of Atlanta not getting any better. 

I’m sure we all recall the incident that happened not too long ago that resulted in spirit of Atlanta being punished for misconduct and being placed on a probation. 

However since I’ve marched last year, girls I marched with, and I can name numerous, were sexually assaulted and had sexual relations while they were underaged with legal adults. Legal adults who were also forced to sign the safe sport contract. Pure trauma is all that induces. 

Nobody is talking about it, nobody is fixing it, is this a normal drump corps thing? I would say not…

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s getting very interesting over there.  And very sad. People get beat down by the angry mob for speaking out. 

Finally found it… guessing lot of comments got removed

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Finally found it… guessing lot of comments got removed

Ew. Now the post has been removed by mods. That's gotten increasingly rare over there so I'm a bit surprised. OP and subsequent posters are reporting really bad stuff...

I think what people don't understand is 1. how rare false accusations are statistically and 2. even in the rare case it's false, the reporters and org still have a very serious problem on their hands that shouldn't be censored automatically.

1000 yikes!

My first post on reddit reporting my abuse was censored as well so I feel for OP on that way as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

AND, here we are again not going to police and posting on social media.

24 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Ew. Now the post has been removed by mods. That's gotten increasingly rare over there so I'm a bit surprised. OP and subsequent posters are reporting really bad stuff...

I think what people don't understand is 1. how rare false accusations are statistically and 2. even in the rare case it's false, the reporters and org still have a very serious problem on their hands that shouldn't be censored automatically.

1000 yikes!

My first post on reddit reporting my abuse was censored as well so I feel for OP on that way as well.

1. I dunno anymore about that.

2. They absolutely needed to quash that.  Even IF it is true you can't just accuse people without due process.  I feel like a broken record with you on this.  There is a right way to go about this and it's the police.  If you can go on social media, you can file a report with the police.

If you are going on reddit without filing a police report and are encouraging this...just no.  You can actually hurt your case doing this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

1. I dunno anymore about that.

Top hit: https://evawintl.org/best_practice_faqs/false-reports-percentage/

Feel free to post international, reliable sources reflecting otherwise.

2. They absolutely needed to quash that.  Even IF it is true you can't just accuse people without due process.  I feel like a broken record with you on this.  There is a right way to go about this and it's the police.  If you can go on social media, you can file a report with the police.

Best practice is to protect reporters first, then investigate.

You're a broken record because you're not bringing in any resources that counter best practices and research. These state that the criminal justice system often retraumatizes survivors, which is a huge factor in their decision to go to authorities or not.

I've never said don't go to the police. It's part of the many possible responses a reporter can take.

Coming down hard on a survivor for assuming they didn't take the step you think they should isn't helpful.

If you are going on reddit without filing a police report and are encouraging this...just no.  You can actually hurt your case doing this.

I don't disagree here. But I do have the heart to sympathize with young people who may not understand that. I don't jump down their throats for not thinking like a fully grown adult who knows the full spectrum of options available to them. To do otherwise would be retraumatizing, which I do my best not to engage in.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Top hit: https://evawintl.org/best_practice_faqs/false-reports-percentage/

Feel free to post international, reliable sources reflecting otherwise.

Best practice is to protect reporters first, then investigate.

You're a broken record because you're not bringing in any resources that counter best practices and research. These state that the criminal justice system often retraumatizes survivors, which is a huge factor in their decision to go to authorities or not.

I've never said don't go to the police. It's part of the many possible responses a reporter can take.

Coming down hard on a survivor for assuming they didn't take the step you think they should isn't helpful.

I don't disagree here. But I do have the heart to sympathize with young people who may not understand that. I don't jump down their throats for not thinking like a fully grown adult who knows the full spectrum of options available to them. To do otherwise would be retraumatizing, which I do my best not to engage in.

Find me something not 10+ years old.  Also, it does happen.

Best practice is to NOT go on social media but to open a Police report.

I would like to clarify this latest Reddit, am I mistaken this is someone that isn't actually involved is reporting this?  This seemed 3rd person?

Depends if they ARE a survivor; see my question.  I haven't come down on anyone.

Edited by Mello Dude

i don't care about what gets kept or removed on reddit, but at this point, all you do with victim blamers is reinforce their beliefs if you engage with them in any way.  just sayin. 

• Like 4