DrumCorpsAF Minisode – The Cadets are Dead

Enjoyed the podcast as well and even got a few laughs from it.  

1) Nikki's comment about DCI "giving" The Cadets 5th place last year because they new this was coming.   - Yeah, ok.  😅

2) the ballad from 2023 - the comment about only realizing how good it was after recently hearing it added to a clip from Kung Fu Panda - where were you all season last year?  

I do love the Kung Fu Panda mash up tho...

Edited by DAYGO
  • Like 1

Yeah, saying that DCI knew the end was coming and "gave" Cadets the 5th place finish was conspiracy theory,  clueless,  and just plain stupid.   The Cadets came in 5th because they were better than everyone beneath them, including this woman's beloved Regiment. They deserved their placement, and I say this as a Boston supporter. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, DAYGO said:

1) Nikki's comment about DCI "giving" The Cadets 5th place last year because they new this was coming.   - Yeah, ok.  😅

I wish there was an intelligent, mature, informed podcast that discussed the art form and the business of drum corps, one where the folks who actually know what's what would be willing to go on and discuss the activity and provide insight and clarity to listeners. 

Something very different from DCAF, in other words.  

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 5

On 4/19/2024 at 10:30 AM, DAYGO said:

Enjoyed the podcast as well and even got a few laughs from it.  

2) the ballad from 2023 - the comment about only realizing how good it was after recently hearing it added to a clip from Kung Fu Panda - where were you all season last year?  

I do love the Kung Fu Panda mash up tho...

Honestly the ballad was meh for me all summer 

• Like 3

On 4/19/2024 at 11:01 AM, craiga said:

Yeah, saying that DCI knew the end was coming and "gave" Cadets the 5th place finish was conspiracy theory,  clueless,  and just plain stupid.   The Cadets came in 5th because they were better than everyone beneath them, including this woman's beloved Regiment. They deserved their placement, and I say this as a Boston supporter. 

Well that’s not the view all of us have. 5-7 was a hot mess. All deserved it

On 4/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, Slingerland said:

I wish there was an intelligent, mature, informed podcast that discussed the art form and the business of drum corps, one where the folks who actually know what's what would be willing to go on and discuss the activity and provide insight and clarity to listeners. 

Something very different from DCAF, in other words.  

May wanna check the archives. One comment on one episode isn’t the full show

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

May wanna check the archives. One comment on one episode isn’t the full show

Have listened to it plenty of times. It usually doesn't reach the threshold of mature (the clip of the guy misspelling a euphemism for breasts isn't really funny, it's just obnoxious).  It's much more sports talk radio than "Fresh Air" (which, I recognize, is not what DCAF is aiming to be).

Edited by Slingerland
  • Haha 1