The Romantics - Blue Devils 2024

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

the Jojo's meledy was good but good lord, Tank! the year before was supreme.   I still think a Seatbelts + Stan Kenton show would be amazing for this BD team to work with while they're on this idiom.

Tank.

That was BD straight up flexing on everyone. 

It's like a football team being up 50-0 with two minutes left in the game, and they throw a 75 yd bomb for another TD..........because they can. 

Moon River.......Tank...........Game Over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is another Corps in the area who you wouldn’t mind getting higher scores.  

If they earned the higher score, absolutely. If not, you won't see me here crying and saying the judges are paid off, and bringing up instances from the 1920s etc, when said judge scored my corps lower than another corps in a competition. 

They earn it, congrats. If not, go work harder. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Tank.

That was BD straight up flexing on everyone. 

It's like a football team being up 50-0 with two minutes left in the game, and they throw a 75 yd bomb for another TD..........because they can. 

Moon River.......Tank...........Game Over.

Except I wish they stuck with the original key when they played Tank last season.

I can see the field now. Let’s get ready for some prop cutouts of abstract saxophones, trumpets, and pianos that standup, turn around to reveal different colors, and then fold to the ground to be one a stage. 

19 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

You could surmise that.  But also a resasonable scenario is that BD maintains medal status long enough while other corps crumble under finances and they're one of the last three standing.

Yes, I agree with you. Things are so much in the favor of the corps at the very very top that I just don't see them falling down, or those below them rising up.

5 hours ago, NewArpege said:

I can see the field now. Let’s get ready for some prop cutouts of abstract saxophones, trumpets, and pianos that standup, turn around to reveal different colors, and then fold to the ground to be one a stage. 

Since you apparently got it all figured out in April, no reason for us to see you here complaining in August. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Since you apparently got it all figured out in April, no reason for us to see you here complaining in August. 

I liked their show last year, and I’m sure they’ll do something great this year too. That said, I’m def ready to see them shakeup their formula.  Maybe they’ll experiment with not using a bunch of rolling props that become a stage, a running follow-the-leader entrance, and costume rip-aways this year. 

• Like 1

didn't read the thread or see the announcement, but i'm assuming it'll be a show based on romantic era stories or literary conventions of the era. yawn.  

as a pipe dream, i'm down for BD playing some romantic era classical.

5 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

I liked their show last year, and I’m sure they’ll do something great this year too. That said, I’m def ready to see them shakeup their formula.  Maybe they’ll experiment with not using a bunch of rolling props that become a stage, a running follow-the-leader entrance, and costume rip-aways this year. 

pretty easy to pick out 3 or 50 conventions that every other top corps uses every year.  i could do it for boston and bloo, but i'm an adult.  

i'd love to see the top 3 from last year all change things up.  the formulas have gotten alittle stale to me even though i've liked the products. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

didn't read the thread or see the announcement, but i'm assuming it'll be a show based on romantic era stories or literary conventions of the era. yawn.  

as a pipe dream, i'm down for BD playing some romantic era classical.

What would be considered romantic era classical that you think BD could pull off?

I am interested to check it out.

Thanks in advance brother!