18. Scouts
  19. Academy
  20. Blue Devils B
  21. Genesis
  22. Cascades
  23. Gold
  24. Surf
  25. Battalion

First bravo to you for putting up the top 25 👍.   Overall some bold predictions which is fun 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

That’s true re. Madison Scouts ( 1938) , but he was referring to current “ Top 12 “ above ,( but no real biggee.)

Thanks ,  read it to fast and missed the top 12 stipulation …..my bad 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Come to think of it, I don’t know if I’ve seen that many shows prior to the 90s. Our percussion teacher would talk about how shows changed over time, and that the race to have a power packed, fast-moving ending wasn’t always the case. He would joke that many corps during his time would close with a ballad and play something like Oh Danny Boy, and that would get the standing ovation.  Good man, except when he’d get so mad he’d throw chairs across the room. Ha. None of that would happen today.  Gen Z missing out. Ha. 

I had a band director who threw chairs, batons, pencils, etc., but he was more a woodwinds guy, so it wasn’t just the percussionists! Completely inexcusable, and perfectionists should probably not be teaching middle school band!

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I had a band director who threw chairs, barons, pencils, etc., but he was more a woodwinds guy, so it wasn’t just the percussionists! Completely inexcusable, and perfectionists should probably not be teaching middle school band!

Wow.  I had some taskmaster types but I wasn’t ducking stuff like the director was Bobby Knight.  Plus, I played Horn so I’d be a target in the middle 🎯 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Come to think of it, I don’t know if I’ve seen that many shows prior to the 90s. Our percussion teacher would talk about how shows changed over time, and that the race to have a power packed, fast-moving ending wasn’t always the case. He would joke that many corps during his time would close with a ballad and play something like Oh Danny Boy, and that would get the standing ovation.  Good man, except when he’d get so mad he’d throw chairs across the room. Ha. None of that would happen today.  Gen Z missing out. Ha. 

i do miss using the phrase " you can run until i get tired of watching you...."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Five ensembles to be evaluated for Open & All-Age Class in 2024.  I predict the "Memphis Blues" will perform & compete in "The Cadets" old uniforms & sound like them as well. 😁 I jest & hope they do well. This is a good article:

https://dci.org/news/5-ensembles-enter-openall-age-class-evaluation-portal-in-2024?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email  

MBI coming back! and Steel City???

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I understand what you are saying, but it drives me bonkers when folks say that Mandarins are a young Corps.

They were founded in 1963.  They won Open Class Championships in 87, 88, 92, 96, 97, 98, 99, and 2001.

Their success has not been overnight. They also have incredible support from the local community. 

They have been a successful, well-run Corps for a long time - just more people are noticing now 🙂  

I was referring to the age of the members

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  I had some taskmaster types but I wasn’t ducking stuff like the director was Bobby Knight.  Plus, I played Horn so I’d be a target in the middle 🎯 

IIRC he was usually ###### off at brass or percussion, so I’m not sure you would have been safe 🤣 

Edited by lawdn
  • Haha 1