Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

My understanding is they had a young corps in 2022. So if then retain membership from 2022, those members would be in their third year of experience. I have no idea though what their membership is and the experience of that membership.

I think they need a much stronger design than 2022 to compete for top 4. I think their 2022 design was better than any of the 5th place and lower designs last year. Regiment, IMO, has one of the best designed shows of the year, but it lacked complexity to compete with the top 6 down the road, which held them back IMO. To me, assuming they build on next year and are better, they are the ones who have the best shot at keeping SCV out of the top 5. We'll see though.

Fair enough. I’m not sleeping on Mandarins, though, and will be watching to see if they can keep strengthening their performance captions.

• Like 2

I would be very surprised to see SCV outscore the Mandarins in anything other than percussion this summer. I have heard from multiple sources that SCV has a younger hornline this year, which is frankly to be expected. Glad they're back...just hope they're able to improve the dismal toxic culture that their alums talk about.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lawdn said:

Fair enough. I’m not sleeping on Mandarins, though, and will be watching to see if they can keep strengthening their performance captions.

Yeah, I'm not sleeping on the Mandarins either. They are definitely on the rise. JW is THE stud!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I may be wrong, but I think what @IllianaLancerContra is saying is that if you go to just about any corps thread, WE are the ones saying that they sound better, look better, etc than the previous season. 

Yeah, you're most definitely right. Sometimes the obvioius escapes me.

8 hours ago, craiga said:

Glad they're back...just hope they're able to improve the dismal toxic culture that their alums talk about.

I'm aware of Santa Clara Vanguard's issue of the past but he's dead.  Not sure where you're getting the dismal toxic culture   from but the alumni I know, including current MM, only speak about excitement. 

Well, let's hope this year's staff doesn't gather in Indy for a group photo while flipping everyone off.  That was 16 months ago, and had nothing to do with GR.

• Like 5

Like me SCV was born in 1967, which makes them 56 years old. Since I am 56 I have to wear my Phantom Regiment club 56 shirts  or a dinosaur tee (since 56 makes you an official dinosaur ).   I had a clever prediction but now I forgot what that was (it couldn't have been that great if I forgot it in the 3 minutes I have been typing..   Anyway PR will be top 5 and finish ahead of the 56 year old SCV.

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Well, let's hope this year's staff doesn't gather in Indy for a group photo while flipping everyone off.  That was 16 months ago, and had nothing to do with GR.

Yes, that was ill-advised and a stupid thing to do, but extrapolating that to a “toxic culture” for the MM is a stretch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Yes, that was ill-advised and a stupid thing to do, but extrapolating that to a “toxic culture” for the MM is a stretch. 

I know zero about the culture inside SCV, other than what I read here on dcp.

• Like 1