Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

I think the finalists will be the same as last season, sub in Vanguard for Cadets, but a bit of movement within each grouping.

1. Bluecoats 
2. BD
3. Boston
4. Crown
5. Phantom
6. Mandarins
7. Vanguard
8. Troopers
9. Cavaliers
10. Blue Stars
11. Colts
12. Blue Knights

Rationale:

- Bluecoats’ design team is great and I’m excited to hear the collaboration with Son Lux.

- BD can’t win every year, right?

- Boston’s guard is fantastic year after year. If they get the right show, I think they’ll be ahead of Crown.

- Crown has left me wanting more from a visual standpoint for a couple years. I know they have a new program coordinator, so maybe we’ll see.

- Phantom was excellent last season, and I think they will continue that trajectory

- I’m sure Mandarins have the talent and the design to do well, but will it be better than last season with all the hype that surrounded them? I’m not sure. 

- I’ve heard Vanguard is on the younger side, but their design team is top notch. I’m sure the percussion will be strong though.

- Troopers released their audio and it sounds great, but I hope the new guard team can match that energy. Just looking at numbers, they would likely have been up there last year if not for the guard. 

- Similar to Vanguard, I’ve heard that Cavaliers brass is also young. I’m sure their percussion will be great as well. I’m less confident in their design though.

- Blue Stars and Colts are a toss up for me. Blue Stars are in an anniversary year. Colts are advertising for colorguard spots still. That’s literally all I’ve heard about them.

- Blue Knights have some new designers who I think will improve on last season, but not quite enough to pass anyone just yet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 12:32 AM, Narrow said:

1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Boston Crusaders
---
4. Mandarins
5. Carolina Crown
---
6. Cavaliers
7. Phantom Regiment
---
8. SCV
9. Blue Stars
---
10. Colts
11. Troopers
12. Pacific Crest
---
13. Blue Knights

Bold! I don't see Crown losing to Mandarins,  and Phantom Regiment has generated some buzz with their video release through DCI.

Glad you have Blue Stars higher. They should bounce back after the design dud last year. The guard and brass were very good, but the design didn't go over well.

Blue Devils in first is the norm, so I  have to agree that's where they'll be until someone else steps up, which I hope is Bluecoats.

Good list!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, erroneous said:

I think people are seriously underestimating SCV. gonna slot them anywhere from 1-5 if im being honest. 

in May, before any serious video has been released, or even show reps have all been released, i dont discount or count pretty much anyone. i stopped buying off season hype years ago

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

in May, before any serious video has been released, or even show reps have all been released, i dont discount or count pretty much anyone. i stopped buying off season hype years ago

I remember the pre-internet days when all you had was rumors & DCW as a source off-season.  Early shows could be interesting- a Corps everyone thought was going to be a powerhouse could show up with 15 brass, or a traditionally small Corps could show up with 60 brass.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I remember the pre-internet days when all you had was rumors & DCW as a source off-season.  Early shows could be interesting- a Corps everyone thought was going to be a powerhouse could show up with 15 brass, or a traditionally small Corps could show up with 60 brass.  

Remember the score line? Hahaha calling Lombard for scores. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Remember the score line? Hahaha calling Lombard for scores. 

OMG I used to call that all the time, LOL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

It's all in fun, even though I don't agree with the 1-5 slot for Vanguard. 

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

1-900-CAN-DRUM

oh those phone bills.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vuitton said:

OMG I used to call that all the time, LOL.

So YOU were the reason I always got the #### busy signal whenever I tried calling!