How Are Drum Corps Leaders Compensated?

38 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Worse run state in the country.

I live in CA and agree.  We've considered leaving the country and moving back to Texas.  😁

• Like 3

Illinois is awful, Wife and I are heading to TN, NC & SC tomorrow looking at homes. Can't wait to trade in my $15,000 a year property taxes for $2,500 for almost the same size house.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sometimes it ends up even because they get you in other ways.  Thinking of moving to Ohio in a few years.  I dread another move and winter still sucks but the insurance is really expensive here.  All of them.  

and its getting worse. Taxes are good for sure BUT everything else has gotten higher. I have homes in the Northeast as well as Fla. I made Fla. a perm. residence because you can homestead there, and taxes can be even less BUT insurance as you said is crazy and let's not talk about Health care among other things. Very different place from several years ago. AS far as Texas, well it's Texas, I'll leave it at that..lol🤐.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

and its getting worse. Taxes are good for sure BUT everything else has gotten higher. I have homes in the Northeast as well as Fla. I made Fla. a perm. residence because you can homestead there, and taxes can be even less BUT insurance as you said is crazy and let's not talk about Health care among other things. Very different place from several years ago. AS far as Texas, well it's Texas, I'll leave it at that..lol🤐.. 

My property taxes went up exponentially after Ian.  My flood insurance went up $250 annually and my homeowners is out of this world with an $8000 deductible.   

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

My property taxes went up exponentially after Ian.  My flood insurance went up $250 annually and my homeowners is out of this world with an $8000 deductible.   

I know...it's insane car insurance also. None of these companies want to be in Fla  . Can't wait to get out of here. So disappointing in so many ways.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TenHut said:

Illinois is awful, Wife and I are heading to TN, NC & SC tomorrow looking at homes.  

Might as well get in Dan's thoughts before this topic is closed.  For years he's said if he was much younger and not married with children, he'd look into moving to Australia/New Zealand.  But even those countries have issues.  He mentions how he thinks it was the Soviet Union who said in the 60's the USA would collapse from within.  There are many folks, even if not wealthy, have moved to other countries.    Wish the founding fathers had reconsidered term limitations.

By the way, who would others think are currently the best Directors, no matter how their corps places?

27 minutes ago, TOC said:

Might as well get in Dan's thoughts before this topic is closed.  For years he's said if he was much younger and not married with children, he'd look into moving to Australia/New Zealand.  But even those countries have issues.  He mentions how he thinks it was the Soviet Union who said in the 60's the USA would collapse from within.  There are many folks, even if not wealthy, have moved to other countries.    Wish the founding fathers had reconsidered term limitations.

By the way, who would others think are currently the best Directors, no matter how their corps places?

Chris Holland with Boston does a great job.  Being a lawyer with a music degree is pretty helpful to go with his many years with the org.  No idea what his compensation is though.