Best Sop Player

Jim Brady, Al Chez, Jeff Kievet, Chris Metzger, Jim Centurino!

THE BEST HANDS DOWN! :santa::smile::santa:

Hmmm ... I'd have to go with the super sops who taught most of those super sops: Swan, Martin, Wilke, Dorrite ...

:-)

Hmmm ... I'd have to go with the super sops who taught most of those super sops: Swan, Martin, Wilke, Dorrite ...

Man that's an impressive list, but a little light on the old Hawthorne end of it....

A certain D'Amico and a couple others come to mind - better yet how about the guy who taught all those super sops (most of them anyway) that taught all those super sops?

George Rodriguez?

Man that's an impressive list, but a little light on the old Hawthorne end of it....

A certain D'Amico and a couple others come to mind - better yet how about the guy who taught all those super sops (most of them anyway) that taught all those super sops?

George Rodriguez?

Yup ... George Rodriguez ... and you can't mention D'Amico without mentioning Angelica ... and you really can't mention Rodriguez without mentioning Hayes ... and the list of "teachers" just goes on and on ...

• 11 months later...

Just messin with a free recording program... 16 tracks ala Drum Corps in mind!

Merry Christmas to all you screamers!

http://lnk.ms/HLS2T

Edited by ALLCHOPS

Jeff K., Harpo, the soloists from Madison in 75, North Stars sop soloist, and my personal fav from way back.....Black Knights from Oswego, NY hadan awesome soloist in 72 or 73. He was as good or better than all those guys and I heard he was really a sax player!

Solosits from 75 Scouts were Chris Metzger, I think, and Dave Tippett, and two others. North Star sop was Jerry Noonan, Bridgemen had Jim Brady, and BD had a certain sop in 1980 called Larry Dalstrup. Jeff Kveit was in Muchachos in the early 70's.........:)

Al Chez had some HIGH notes in 82 Cadets...........:)

Jim Brady from the Bridgemen 1977-1978. He played Land of Make Believe, Spanish Dreams, & Harlem Nocturne solo's . The guy was unbelievable!!!!

He marched with the Saints from edison n.j before coming to the Bridgemen.

George Lavelle

Bridgemen 79-83

He was in a class by himself in 77-78.

Scott Dean

Pete Burneko

Larrie Dastrup

Larry Dodd

Steve Lenane

Gino Cipriani

Barry Trent

Lay Long

Todd Tanji

Love this thread.

As do I. These things should be discussed, say I, by eras, the way we do many things in this quiet corner. Pre-DCI (ex:Price, Centorino, Dorritie), valve-rotor (Kievit, Metzger), two-valve (Brady [i think], Dalstrup, Noonan), 80s (Harpo Blum, Dan Moore, Chris Eble, Morgan Larsen, etc.), 90s, three-valve, etc.

What say the brassheads?