DCA Weekend Comments Request

So where did everyone eat at this show due to the no re entry did you have to dig into your pockets and hand over a fistful of cash for that stuff they call food at the concession or were they able to get into the Stadium Club after the fiasco re "re entry" and the cops would t let anyone leave or they would have to buy another ticket or did people actually buy a second ticket I had a nice meal sitting in the van but had to dole out another 20 bucks for the crappy food for the family and still go out for dinner after the show another 40 bucks there Oh what about the people that just wanted to go and get a coat or their meds for the older crowd what were they to do ALL THIS WHILE THE DCA OFFICALS GOT TO LOUNGE IN COMFORT where did you sit probably on the bleachers for an hour or stood in the walkway staring at your van full of Lunch/Supper or in the lineup Hey Dca open up more concessins let us get to our vehicles, that many people cannot be fed in the time that was allotted how many people were hungry due to the no re entry and couldn't get to their vehicles to get the now required extra cash the officials werent to hungry I assure you that. A qoute from RED "no other stadiums allow re entry" HMMM we are not at a baseball game that lasts through 2 meals ,take care of the fans and they will take care of the activity!!!!!!!

HMMMMM maybe DCI isn t so bad after all.

All;

Now that we have another DCA World Championship in the history book, would like to get comments GOOD or BAD about the weekend.  DCA is making every effort to make the WHOLE weekend as enjoyable and smooth as possible.  We made many changes based on last year comments.

Post to me privately if you would prefer, or reply to this post to let your comments seen publicly, either way, your comments will be shared with the DCA Officials.

William Aldrich/Thorpe

it was nice to get out early this year! about 11pm, which is just right. in years past, we didn't get out until midnight - even later if you stay for the encore.

a major bone of contention comes in the Olympic-style review. contra players, despite all their tradition and whatever as the "mavericks" of their corps, need to step it up and do away with the feet dragging that goes on.

not only does it look stupid, but it really holds things up. DCA should look into fining or penalizing for this behavior.

• Like 1

Ummm... first off, don't blame the contras. I'm a bari and had at the very least a 9 step stride betweeen me and the bari in front of me. The Hurc next to me (sort of) and also not a contra had at least a 30 step gap. We also had a nice conversation. And since I was all by my lonesome, had a ton of beads and a pink boa on, I had a few rock star moments that I'll remember forever.

Second, if you want to blame anyone for being late, how about blaming it on all the awards that go to the best hangnail section sponsored by Aunt Esther and her bunion etc etc. Don't blame the corps, who, IMO, deserve to have their own "rock star" moment just so you can go home a little earlier. This is the end of a long season for some and the end of marching period for others.

Either get down here and join a corps, let us have our last few minutes to bask in or just suck it up for a little while. ^0^

Ummm... first off, don't blame the contras. I'm a bari and had at the very least a 9 step stride betweeen me and the bari in front of me. The Hurc next to me (sort of) and also not a contra had at least a 30 step gap. We also had a nice conversation. And since I was all by my lonesome, had a ton of beads and a pink boa on, I had a few rock star moments that I'll remember forever.

Second, if you want to blame anyone for being late, how about blaming it on all the awards that go to the best hangnail section sponsored by Aunt Esther and her bunion etc etc. Don't blame the corps, who, IMO, deserve to have their own "rock star" moment just so you can go home a little earlier. This is the end of a long season for some and the end of marching period for others.

Either get down here and join a corps, let us have our last few minutes to bask in or just suck it up for a little while.  ^0^

I love it. you all get so upset with a "non-marcher."

sometimes you marchers can be so arrogant and think that the only people that matter are you. how about the money I spent to come see you? how about the time I took out of my schedule to be in Scranton? you should be ashamed to be criticizing fans. try having a show without us.

and again I say to you - pick up the pace. I'm sick of seeing your slow funeral march as you cleverly try to be the last person in line, all at the expense of the paying customer waiting anxiously to get the scores and get home. your selfishness slows to a grinding halt what was a very well paced show. that's soooo 1990. it was funny the first 15 times I saw it.

if Mickey was still around, (God bless his drum-corps heart), I'd call him first thing tomorrow and let him know that a few boa-wearing horns needed their 10.5 minutes of fame because it had been a "long-season" and that they really didn't care about the fans.

as for the dragged out awards for every conceivable drum-corps activity (does Dave Bruni or Jimmy Russo need ANOTHER drum major award??), I couldn't agree more. having said that, they sponsor these things and deserve a few minutes of your time.

No re-entry?? Why was this started?? Some of us really like to see corps warm-up, or go see our friends and family to give them encouragement before they go on. This was impossible this year. A stupid rule that should be removed for the future.

I know what your saying.I was extremely hacked about that.

One of our corps members had a dog with them that had to be walked and feed on a regular basis.They were basically told to buy another ticket or let the dog die. :blink:

I just wanted to get my coat and medicine out of the car and had to pay another gate fee.

Ill be Darn if I am going to buy a ticket next year but watch me enjoy the show anyways. :music:

The people that were running the stadium were acting like it was a concentration camp.I have been to many stadiums and as long as you have a stub or a hand stamp you can get in and out.Its not like we are a bunch of rock and roll junkies going to the car to smoke some weed or shoot up.

AS for the food at these event's.Yep its over priced and nasty as all get out but to me just ads to the ambiance of the evening.But at Scranton next year I will be brining my own food and beverages thank you very much.

That Extra $15 dollar ticket is going to cost them much more than they expected.

I liked having prelims during the day and the I & E competition on Sat night. Anyone else feel this way?

The weekend was terrific. Nice of DCA to ask us fans for our imput, by the way. I might add that an improvement needs to be made at the ticket windows at Scranton in the future. DCA needs to see that a sign be put up at the ticket window to let purchasers know which tickets can (and can not )be purchased at these windows. There needs to be a sign that the window is for " Finals tickets only ", "Prelim Tickets only ", and/or " Alumni Spectacular ". Or they need to accommodate at these windows those who want to purchase tickets for all events. More than a few people got up to a ticket window, only to find out that ( say ) the " Finals Tickets " could only be purchased at an adjacent window, requiring either the purchaser to go to the back of that line for another 15 minutes or longer, or depend on the graciousness of people in the next line to understand the confusion and allow one to get to that window for their purchase. The simple solution to this confusion could be as little as a hand made white paper posted at that window in large print, telling one and all which tickets could be purchased ( and by implication, not purchased ) at that particular window.........But, all in all, it was a wonderful experience. The DCA Corps just keep getting better all the time, and my entertainment quotient this year was certainly met. Thanks to all the Corps, both Alumni and Competing. You all should be so proud !

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

i&e on Saturday would be better for the traveling corps, such as ours.

if Mickey was still around, (God bless his drum-corps heart), I'd call him first thing tomorrow and let him know that a few boa-wearing horns needed their 10.5 minutes of fame because it had been a "long-season" and that they really didn't care about the fans.[/size][/color][/b][/color][/font][/font]

Yep. Arrogant and not caring about the fans. Sounds just like me.

i have to agree w/the contra thing...it does take forever.

and why oh why did the ticket people at the gate not take credit cards?

i mean hello, welcome to the 2000's.