DCA Weekend Comments Request

All;

Now that we have another DCA World Championship in the history book, would like to get comments GOOD or BAD about the weekend. DCA is making every effort to make the WHOLE weekend as enjoyable and smooth as possible. We made many changes based on last year comments.

Post to me privately if you would prefer, or reply to this post to let your comments seen publicly, either way, your comments will be shared with the DCA Officials.

William Aldrich/Thorpe

A few thoughts: What was up with the parking?

For corps members to use the bathroom (finals) they had to go through the field gate up through the stands, what happened to the side gate?

I know of at least one corps that marched to the front gates on the way to warmup, tried to get in to use the bathrooms but had to settle on the porta potties instead.

Need a parking lot for corps' buses and trucks ONLY!

10:00 was a bit too early for the alumni show - how about starting at 11:00 or noon?

i don't think you'll see that happening - they need time to get people out of the seats so they can get the stadium set up for finals.

No re-entry?? Why was this started?? Some of us really like to see corps warm-up, or go see our friends and family to give them encouragement before they go on. This was impossible this year. A stupid rule that should be removed for the future.

Some of us almost missed our prelim performance because we went to use the bathrooms. Some lady with a lock and key fetish started to lock up the side gate. It took Marlin/a a bit of almost unrational behavior before she left it unlocked so we could get out. I didn't know they had female brown shirts in Scranton.

What a GREAT DCA this year!! Un-freakin believable. Thank you all for the entertainment of a lifetime. The fans were the true winners for a change.

Congrats to Empire for the title, the best overall package I've seen in years!! Maybe since you guys did West Side Story and actually told the story, you did that with the City of Angels!! Truely fabulous.

Renegades....absolutely the LOUDEST in DCA this year. Fan reaction was the best at prelims (unbelievable), and still the best at finals! Great entertaining show! Can't wait to see it again on DVD.

Buccs.....another fantastic show. Drum line was superb as always. Nice t see you move up at finals.

Cabs....nice show, even better than last year! Not good enough to win. Bad point.... after retreat, coming up into the parking lot I heard the 'F' word used more then I ever have from that corp. Shameful....and I thought you were out there to just entertain the fans. Didn't sound that way after retreat! Don't be mad because you lost to Buccs....they deserved to move up too.

Brigs.....another GREAT show, with that awesome guard, whew....I thought they would have won guard....they were just fantastic. Sorry Brigs. IMO you DID have the best guard that night.

Empire....obviously the best in DCA. They had the whole show put together in a nutshell. The bleeding prop really was unique, I can't imagine how that was done so perfectly! Hornline not as loud as I was hoping for, but great arrangement of City of Angels. A well deserved DCA Championship for them. Congratulations!

A great DCA weekend for everyone.....worth EVERY penny for that kind of entertainment!