DCA Weekend Comments Request

a major bone of contention comes in the Olympic-style review. contra players, despite all their tradition and whatever as the "mavericks" of their corps, need to step it up and do away with the feet dragging that goes on.

not only does it look stupid, but it really holds things up. DCA should look into fining or penalizing for this behavior.

What are you talking about?

All I know is that Cupcakes won retreat as he should. I have to admit that I was starting to get preturbed that the Renegades contras were trying to prevent Cakes from winning his last retreat, but it eventually worked itself out.

It was the Hurricanes 50th anniversary and Cakes was there for all 50 of em...LOL!

On his swan song I am glad he won!!!

Donny

did the Renegades contras realize the importance of this being Cakes' last retreat? :rolleyes:

I think that there should be one MAJOR ALL CORPS PARTY after finals.

I don't know about you guys, but we spent most of the night trying to duck and hide from the hotel manager - who also called the cops - on what was the tamest party we'd ever had. VERY LAME!!!!!!!!!

Plus - I never really get to meet anyone during the summer. We rehearse, show up for the show and pretty much line up for retreat right after our show. Then its right back to Montreal to show up in time for work.

Imagine - one big hella-cool drum corps post finals party - where everyone could hang out after finals. Cash Bar, DJ, Drum Corps videos - you know I'd be there. DCA could even sell tickets to it and make it an event of its own.

Mike

Brigs guard 2000-2004 (yeah, I'll probably be back for '05 - stupid Brigs making everything so much fun!!!!)

Official member of the "We Don't Need No Sleep Party People"

Member of the Soupcan Brigade - 2003

did the Renegades contras realize the importance of this being Cakes' last retreat? :unsure:

No, Renegades were not aware of Cakes' last retreat or that he was known for this. An old BD tradition has been longest horn line at retreat thus the 4 or better intervals in the entire hornline. I'm glad Cake's won in the end! Perhaps we can take up another BD tradition............

I don't know about you guys, but we spent most of the night trying to duck and hide from the hotel manager - who also called the cops - on what was the tamest party we'd ever had. VERY LAME!!!!!!!!!

Plus - I never really get to meet anyone during the summer.  We rehearse, show up for the show and pretty much line up for retreat right after our show.  Then its right back to Montreal to show up in time for work.

Imagine - one big hella-cool drum corps post finals party - where everyone could hang out after finals.  Cash Bar, DJ, Drum Corps videos - you know I'd be there.  DCA could even sell tickets to it and make it an event of its own. 

Mike

Brigs guard 2000-2004 (yeah, I'll probably be back for '05 - stupid Brigs making everything so much fun!!!!)

Official member of the "We Don't Need No Sleep Party People"

Member of the Soupcan Brigade - 2003

Were you at the hotel we stayed at last year???

Anyway, you should've been at our hotel this year. I have no idea how many people were there at the peak, but I went to bed at 6am and left about 15 people behind to party on. Only once did the hotel manager tell us to get back inside the conference room. Then about 15 minutes later he told us to go back out.

The food prep crew wasn't too thrilled though. B)

Were you at the hotel we stayed at last year???

Anyway, you should've been at our hotel this year. I have no idea how many people were there at the peak, but I went to bed at 6am and left about 15 people behind to party on. Only once did the hotel manager tell us to get back inside the conference room. Then about 15 minutes later he told us to go back out.

The food prep crew wasn't too thrilled though. B)

Yeah, Christine and Genevive went to your party - without me!!! Next year I'm sticking to them like glue. The most fun I had this year was trying to toss a rifle at 8:00am - without having slept yet.

Later,

Mike

Ummm... first off, don't blame the contras. I'm a bari and had at the very least a 9 step stride betweeen me and the bari in front of me. The Hurc next to me (sort of) and also not a contra had at least a 30 step gap. We also had a nice conversation. And since I was all by my lonesome, had a ton of beads and a pink boa on, I had a few rock star moments that I'll remember forever.

Second, if you want to blame anyone for being late, how about blaming it on all the awards that go to the best hangnail section sponsored by Aunt Esther and her bunion etc etc. Don't blame the corps, who, IMO, deserve to have their own "rock star" moment just so you can go home a little earlier. This is the end of a long season for some and the end of marching period for others.

Either get down here and join a corps, let us have our last few minutes to bask in or just suck it up for a little while.  ^0^

I love it. you all get so upset with a "non-marcher."

sometimes you marchers can be so arrogant and think that the only people that matter are you. how about the money I spent to come see you? how about the time I took out of my schedule to be in Scranton? you should be ashamed to be criticizing fans. try having a show without us.

and again I say to you - pick up the pace. I'm sick of seeing your slow funeral march as you cleverly try to be the last person in line, all at the expense of the paying customer waiting anxiously to get the scores and get home. your selfishness slows to a grinding halt what was a very well paced show. that's soooo 1990. it was funny the first 15 times I saw it.

if Mickey was still around, (God bless his drum-corps heart), I'd call him first thing tomorrow and let him know that a few boa-wearing horns needed their 10.5 minutes of fame because it had been a "long-season" and that they really didn't care about the fans.

as for the dragged out awards for every conceivable drum-corps activity (does Dave Bruni or Jimmy Russo need ANOTHER drum major award??), I couldn't agree more. having said that, they sponsor these things and deserve a few minutes of your time.

I crap in your shoes, simpleton.

Silence yourself..............besides, no one threw YOU a peanut, anyway.....

Ummm... first off, don't blame the contras. I'm a bari and had at the very least a 9 step stride betweeen me and the bari in front of me. The Hurc next to me (sort of) and also not a contra had at least a 30 step gap. We also had a nice conversation. And since I was all by my lonesome, had a ton of beads and a pink boa on, I had a few rock star moments that I'll remember forever.

Second, if you want to blame anyone for being late, how about blaming it on all the awards that go to the best hangnail section sponsored by Aunt Esther and her bunion etc etc. Don't blame the corps, who, IMO, deserve to have their own "rock star" moment just so you can go home a little earlier. This is the end of a long season for some and the end of marching period for others.

Either get down here and join a corps, let us have our last few minutes to bask in or just suck it up for a little while.  ^0^

I love it. you all get so upset with a "non-marcher."

sometimes you marchers can be so arrogant and think that the only people that matter are you. how about the money I spent to come see you? how about the time I took out of my schedule to be in Scranton? you should be ashamed to be criticizing fans. try having a show without us.

and again I say to you - pick up the pace. I'm sick of seeing your slow funeral march as you cleverly try to be the last person in line, all at the expense of the paying customer waiting anxiously to get the scores and get home. your selfishness slows to a grinding halt what was a very well paced show. that's soooo 1990. it was funny the first 15 times I saw it.

if Mickey was still around, (God bless his drum-corps heart), I'd call him first thing tomorrow and let him know that a few boa-wearing horns needed their 10.5 minutes of fame because it had been a "long-season" and that they really didn't care about the fans.

as for the dragged out awards for every conceivable drum-corps activity (does Dave Bruni or Jimmy Russo need ANOTHER drum major award??), I couldn't agree more. having said that, they sponsor these things and deserve a few minutes of your time.

I crap in your shoes, simpleton.

Silence yourself..............besides, no one threw YOU a peanut, anyway.....

Rich, you never cease to crack me up!

So are you coming out to hang with the Brigs sometime soon or what??? They really need to make this Finals weekend thing longer!

did the Renegades contras realize the importance of this being Cakes' last retreat? :rolleyes:

no, we didn't..........otherwise we would probably have let him have it. we saw what he was up to, and pretended to set our arc two steps behind the back sideline until he was in place, then we assumed our position on the field. after that the Hurcs contra line came over to us for a very touching visit...........they've been cool to us over the years, once they even gave us a bottle of champagne in congratulations for winning the high contra trophy. They're a class act, as well as being the ONLY corps in DCA to give us a run for our money for "high long".

if we'd known, we probably would have backed off.