DCA Weekend Comments Request

Now Jeff, on the other hand, is arrogant and doesn't care about anything.

B)

Edited by skajerk

i just hate when it takes longer to get everyone set up than to announce all 9000 trophies

Now that I've had time to come down from the awesome high of this weekend, let me just say "thanks" to everyone who has contributed in some way to this final DCA event of the year. This was my 3rd time as a performer, but the first time as a spectator - Prelims was actually the 1st Drum Corps Show that I've actually been able to sit and watch as a spectator since the mid-80's. You will not find more entertainment-per-dollar-spent than the prelims - every corps, full show, what more can you ask?? Thanks to all the fans who responded so positively to our show on Sunday morning - just watching the crowd go wild as our drumline came onto the field really pumped me up. Thanks also to all of the corps members and staff who worked so hard all year to bring this kind of quality level to DCA. The only things I would prefer to see different have already been mentioned by everyone here - hand stamps for re-admission, better control of bathroom facilities for corps members, more and better food. GREAT WEEKEND!! See you all next year. --Rich

AS for the food at these event's.Yep its over priced and nasty as all get out but to me just ads to the ambiance of the evening.

Point of order there... The Funnel Cakes are the bomb.

I liked having prelims during the day and the I & E competition on Sat night.  Anyone else feel this way?

nope.

For once, you could attend separate events on separate nights, and weren't prevented from taking part in I&E (which it was rumored many couldn't in the past) due to rehearsals.

That was some of the best fun.

I liked having prelims during the day and the I & E competition on Sat night.   Anyone else feel this way?

nope.

For once, you could attend separate events on separate nights, and weren't prevented from taking part in I&E (which it was rumored many couldn't in the past) due to rehearsals.

That was some of the best fun.

"DCA 2004":

The Alumni Classic seemed to go rather well. The encores didn't drag the program too much past 2:00PM and all the participating units seemed to have a good day.

Especially liked the Skyliners "In Your Face" finale, and the Hawthorne Caballeros entire marching program.

Looking forward to 2005

Elphaba

I liked having prelims during the day and the I & E competition on Sat night.  Anyone else feel this way?

Yep - didn't even make it to I&E this year. Really liked having I&E on Saturday night and being able to relax after prelims - everything just seemed so much more intense this year.

And by the way -I heard that some corps were NOT allowed to participate at I&E this year because it cut into Friday night rehearsals.

Later,

Mike

I absolutely loved having the prelims on Saturday night. For me, it made prelims feel more like a normal show routine.

As for I&E's, I don't think it matters what night you hold it. The corps that don't do I&E aren't going to do I&E whether it's on Friday night or Saturday night.

And I'm truly amazed at the stories about the "brown shirts" every year. What is it about DCA that makes them such jerks? I've been going to ACC's for 10 years in Scranton and have never heard of any problems with security.

No re-entry? What's up with that?

Two things ...

the brownshirts (sheriffs or whatever) need to be schooled ... they kept forcing people to take their "assigned seats" while corps were performing instead of letting them wait politely in the corridor area ... this happened to me twice

where did the beer go? both Sat and Sun by the time I got from the field to the concession stand, the beer concession had closed ... geez, give a girl a break!

and then a side note ... THANKS, THANKS, THANKS to the many people who stopped me in my tracks (repeatedly) to tell me how terrific the Renegades were

thank you :)

Brigs.....another GREAT show, with that awesome guard, whew....I thought they would have won guard....they were just fantastic. Sorry Brigs. IMO you DID have the best guard that night.