How did Santa Clara win in 89?

Sorry not to take anything away from a great Phantom performance, SCV won, Game over.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering why these shows haven't been done by either of there corps since. New World Symphony rocks!

EuroLou

Umm, because they've been done already? And almost perfectly as a matter of fact. Phantom did New World Symphony pretty well the first time, and they did pretty much the whole thing, where else would they have to go with it? SCV doing Phantom of the Opera again could work, because it's a 3 hour show, that's ALOT of music.

You know watching both of those shows makes you kinda wonder why there wasn't a tie before 1996.

It was close several times (84, 87, 93...Gahfield on top each time, interestingly enough)

There WAS a tie for a nat title in 86...DC United Kingdom. Don't remember the score (would have to find my records), but it was Dagenham Crusaders and Conquest Alliance...with Dag taking brass AND percussion (so I won 2 different captions in 2 different corps orgs)

but it seems clear that Phantom should've won

Well..........I guess it didn't "seem" that clear, considering they didn't win, huh ?? :whistle:

Both shows were awesome that year and both had the goods to win, but that night it belonged to SCV......oh, and PR's percussion didnt help matters either, finishing in fifth for performance if Im not mistaken.

~G~

I recall from the 89 broadcast that phantom played on stage with an orchestra or some other performing group during finals week... emphasizing their symphonic sound. Does anyone know who they were playing with?

I still prefer phantom of the opera from '88 over '89.