some old corps photos

Drums in the Night... If it's the one I'm remembering the "in the night" part was an understatement.  One generator and some lights on a pole was about all they had.  Always wanted a t-shirt from that show.

Once a year our school puts up temporary lights for a Friday night game here in NJ...I swear it's the same guy with the same light poles and the same generator truck chugging away outside the endzone that used to light up the drum corps shows I marched in 35 years ago!

:P

Even if it is not...I flash back to those days whenever we have that game.

Mike

How'd they run the amps? Sorry...

B)

:ph34r:

gaston.jpg

Once a year our school puts up temporary lights for a Friday night game here in NJ...I swear it's the same guy with the same light poles and the same generator truck chugging away outside the endzone that used to light up the drum corps shows I marched in 35 years ago!

:P

Even if it is not...I flash back to those days whenever we have that game.

Mike

I remember shows with the lights and generator.. I think when my corps held there show, there was a guy sitting near the right end zone with the generator running in the backgroound...... You brought back a memory from way back..

1972Kmenbattery.jpg

1972 Anaheim Kingsmen.  Photo courtesy http://www.xkingmen.com

RON HOUSLEY

Great shot Ron, but I think ya have the wrong year.

I see Lou Best and Chris Mason in that photo, and they were both with the Glassmen in 72.

Looks more like 77 or 78. :)

Plus I don't remember them having the chrome snares in 72..................

(could be "old timers disease"though :P )

Just found this one...1979 South San Francisco Conquistadors

scan0008.jpg

Thank You Kelly!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::worthy:

I didn't think anyone had pic of Conquistadors.

I'm shocked! :ph34r:

I don't remember the pit "not" wearing the jackets at all. Looking at the glare of the lights, it looks almost like the cumberbund in the pit is blue. If so, those would look like the "B" corps uniform for that time.

I don't recall that at all........

Yeah....but that's the A corps jacket....definitely NOT 84, Sam....I don't recognize those flags...and Freelancers still had the red cadets in 84, not the color-changing things (that are currently in my garage....really!) in 85....I forgot that they ever used white pants....the pic I have of them at Madison has them in black.